Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gicu

can;t get my ATV582 to boot anymore

can;t get my ATV582 to boot anymore

I upgraded my ATV582 to 5.1 and I was unhappy about Kodi 17 and so I wanted to downgrade back to 4.4 but that was my last mistake ...

Since then I was not able to bring it back up again. The factory files (

) or this one (

) does not help.

Are there any factory files that work?

Any update ?

mygica is a big disappointment... I understand it runs Open software, but the HW still costs a lot of money, and to have no way of recovering a box as a result of a downgrade or upgrade makes no sense to me.

Is software being open? its android which is working fine, you can not load your customized firmware which is good. then you have more issues and you blame MyGica more. 

but ATV582 with Firmware 5.1 is a beta and we have indicated not for light-hearted. 

Well I've been trying to get it back to 4.4 for a week now. I even opened a ticket and they do not have a reliable procedure to load software on this box. After I tried what was described in all sort of old videos they recommended, support said the box must be bad... which I know for a fact is not true (or if it went bad it's because of the downgrade/upgrade procedure which certainly says it's poorly designed).

At the beginning they said there is no way I could flash it on my own, after that they said why don't you try this or the other ... So which one is it? They don't even know how or if it can be flashed.

I spend money on a box (and again was not cheap) that cannot be upgraded or flashed properly. So how would you name that? MyGica HW is certainly the issue here.