Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheLost

Screen Resolution Wrong

Screen Resolution Wrong

New television and so switched the 495PRO to the 4k resolution with the setting that was supposed to be correct for my TV. 

What I get is flashing images of white noise then no signal found as I think the TV shuts off the connection.

Tried to factory reset the unit but half the text is off screen and I only get an image every few seconds to figure out what to do.  After picking the one with factory in the line, I get another menu with several options ending with one about deleting something.  Given I can read them, I'm not sure which to pick. Tried a few and they seemed to go back to the previous menu.

Maybe foolishly, I tried my other 4k kodi box on the tv and it worked on the same setting.

So now I'm not sure what I can do to rescue the box. Any suggestions? I'll just be happy to get it working again at 1080 at this point.

Thanks

Managed through the blinking screens and displays of snow to get this:

To work and its given me a 1080p screen again and the joy of setting my library up one more time.  The #1 feature I wish Kodi had was a shared library. With three devices setup (living room, basement and bedroom) it would be nice to only need to set up the things once and update libraries just once. Not a MyGica problem though.

Gonna swap devices now and have the TX9 box as the primary (living room) box given it seems to like my 4k tv. 1800 can go to the basement and the 495 to the bedroom.