Jump to content
rrmay

Wifi will not turn on. 1900 Pro

Recommended Posts

Wifi will not turn on. 1900 Pro

Does anyone know of a fix for the wifi not turning on. My Ethernet is currently disabled. 

No idea what's going on. 

Anyone?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue. My Wi-Fi was working properly for three days and all of a sudden in the middle of me watching a show it turned off. It now will not turn back on no matter what I do. I have rebooted the unit and my Wi-Fi several times. I have unchecked the ethernet and checked the Wi-Fi several times, but it keeps going back to Wi-Fi off and ethernet on even though I have no ethernet cable connected to it. I am wondering if it is something to do with my ISP blocking my Wi-Fi. Please help I am so frustrated I want to return the unit. This is the second one I have bought that has this problem. I cannot see a fix for this in any of the discussions so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also just noticed that even after rebooting the unit, it is stuck at 7pm Wed, Dec 31 2014. I have changed it to the correct date and time manually but it still will not let me turn on my Wi-Fi device in the settings. It therefore does not recognize my router.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try "forgetting" your network, turn off WiFi and then enable Ethernet

Then turn off Ethernet, enable WiFi and re-enter the WiFi password

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short answer, you may be experiencing frequency interference from one or more other devices within range of your router and/or MyGica box.

Yes, even on the 5 Ghz band, and yes, even with the abundance of channels available on the 5 Ghz band.

Arm yourself with a good WiFi Analyzer, such as Kaibits' WiFi Overview 360 Pro ...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.android.wifioverviewpro

This app has an excellent "channel check" feature that will analyze ALL channel signals in your area, including those of your neighbours!

Cheers!

Ted

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tedsky,

I will do that and see if that helps. Would plugging it into my computer be the answer as I followed the other suggestions about “forgetting” the network, turn Wi-Fi and Ethernet off and on, as suggested, but I can’t even get the Wi-Fi on myGica box to turn on at all. The box also states every time I reboot it goes back to December 31, 2014. There must be something more wrong. If you have any other suggestions I would welcome them as well. Thank you so much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just flashed my box with the latest version of the 1900 pro firmware and now when i turn on the wifi it just sits on the scanning....

Everything else works fine except the wifi.

I've rolled back to the older firmware but it doesn't fix the wifi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a similar issue. My wifi was working properly yesterday, came home and turned the box on and it will not connect to the wifi. Keeps giving me a error code "RADIO". I have tried to forget my network, unplugging the unit, restarting it multiple times and when I try to connect to my network all I get is " wifi did not accept the connection"

Everything else in the house that has wifi is attached to this network and working perfect, everything has a strong signal and no problems.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Justin or Admin.

 

I have 3 MYGICA 1910 boxes and have the same issue on all 3 as mentioned above.

WIFI WILL NOT TURN ON. STAYS ON OFF MODE. 

I have tried: 

- factory reset

- “forget network” is not an option as the wifi needs to be turned on to have this option and it won’t turn on

turned on Ethernet , connected via ethernet. Then turn off Ethernet, then try to turn on wifi, wifi will not turn on

I purchased all 3 at CANADA COMPUTERS. It’s been just over 12 months now so no warranty. I do have my receipts. Can MYGICA repair these free? I spent over $100x3 and can’t connect any of them unless I have Ethernet. This isn’t possible as I have them spread across the rooms in my house. I would be understanding if it was just one box but all 3 are telling me it’s a software update that’s required or poor quality faulty wifi hardware that’s failing. Please help. 

LOYAL MYGICA CUSTOMER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jenniferleduc said:

Hello Justin or Admin.

 

I have 3 MYGICA 1910 boxes and have the same issue on all 3 as mentioned above.

WIFI WILL NOT TURN ON. STAYS ON OFF MODE. 

I have tried: 

- factory reset

- “forget network” is not an option as the wifi needs to be turned on to have this option and it won’t turn on

turned on Ethernet , connected via ethernet. Then turn off Ethernet, then try to turn on wifi, wifi will not turn on

I purchased all 3 at CANADA COMPUTERS. It’s been just over 12 months now so no warranty. I do have my receipts. Can MYGICA repair these free? I spent over $100x3 and can’t connect any of them unless I have Ethernet. This isn’t possible as I have them spread across the rooms in my house. I would be understanding if it was just one box but all 3 are telling me it’s a software update that’s required or poor quality faulty wifi hardware that’s failing. Please help. 

LOYAL MYGICA CUSTOMER

Hi, 

Have you tried to turn on Ethernet via Droid settings which is inside of Apps,   Once you go to Apps // Droid Settings // Click down one time then go up and click on Ethernet and make sure you turn it on. 

 

see if that helps.  do update us.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

Hi, 

Have you tried to turn on Ethernet via Droid settings which is inside of Apps,   Once you go to Apps // Droid Settings // Click down one time then go up and click on Ethernet and make sure you turn it on. 

 

see if that helps.  do update us.

 

 

Hi,

Im not having issues with ETHERNET

I am having issues with WIFI NOT TURNING ON.

I try to turn it on and it remains in OFF position.

This is occurring on all 3 boxes 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jenniferleduc said:

Hi,

Im not having issues with ETHERNET

I am having issues with WIFI NOT TURNING ON.

I try to turn it on and it remains in OFF position.

This is occurring on all 3 boxes 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

 

Thanks

Then please create an RMA request ticket.

http://help.mygica.tv click on Green button 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day,

I have two 1900 PRO units which worked well for over a year, and now both within a short time have the wifi adaptor issue. Tried reloading the firmware and even tried the android 7.1 beta, without resolve.  Justin mentioned it could be a hardware issue, however my unit is not under warranty and it is a hassle to get the units to the local agents( South African) . 

Looking for a DIY fix. Can a wifi dongle be setup to work?

Someting like : https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/usb-adapter/tl-wn725n/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may not be a "known" fault, however i count ten units from this thread alone that have a similar issue. I have two units and both are affected.

I understand that the fault cannot be fixed without the unit in the workshop. My issue is that the cost of shipping etc. will be close to price paid for the unit.

I'm looking for a work around solution, hence my  query about using a cheap USB wifi dongle.  Need help determining what type of dongle (if any) can work on 1900Pro. Most I see are made for PCs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RYAN G said:

There may not be a "known" fault, however i count ten units from this thread alone that have a similar issue. I have two units and both are affected.

I understand that the fault cannot be fixed without the unit in the workshop. My issue is that the cost of shipping etc. will be close to price paid for the unit.

I'm looking for a work around solution, hence my  query about using a cheap USB wifi dongle.  Need help determining what type of dongle (if any) can work on 1900Pro. Most I see are made for PCs.

 

 

If you're worried about trying to figure out which USB Wifi would work

As am not sure which ones would work myself, as I've never tried

 

You can maybe look into some cheap power line adapters.
Those will definitely work

 

Or something like this. (I put amazon.com, sorry not sure where you're located)
https://www.amazon.com/Vonets-VAP11G-300-Wireless-Multi-Functional-Amplifier/dp/B014SK2H6W

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My giga1900 will not turn on. Just an orange light on the box and three red lights on the remote. 

Any idea what to do to trouble shoot.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, Justin said:

If you're worried about trying to figure out which USB Wifi would work

As am not sure which ones would work myself, as I've never tried

 

You can maybe look into some cheap power line adapters.
Those will definitely work

 

Or something like this. (I put amazon.com, sorry not sure where you're located)
https://www.amazon.com/Vonets-VAP11G-300-Wireless-Multi-Functional-Amplifier/dp/B014SK2H6W

Thanks Justin. Will look into these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, Jenanson said:

I have the same issue. My Wi-Fi was working properly of a sudden it turned off. It now will not turn back on no matter what I do. @##$^^&%$#

Has any one figured this out yet ..........please

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...