Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanStry

No 5.1 surround sound from YouTube

I connected my 1900 pro, using the optical audio output into my Onkyo Amp, to stream 5.1 content from YouTube, but I only get stereo, no matter what settings I try on the 1900 pro, the unit was sold to me as a discreet  5.1 and DTS unit. I do not get this from YouTube 5.1 content, please help>:(

3 hours ago, IanStry said:

I connected my 1900 pro, using the optical audio output into my Onkyo Amp, to stream 5.1 content from YouTube, but I only get stereo, no matter what settings I try on the 1900 pro, the unit was sold to me as a discreet  5.1 and DTS unit. I do not get this from YouTube 5.1 content, please help>:(

I do however get 5.1 discrete channels from the unit, when playing 5.1 content from my portable HD, this part works fine, and also kodi does not play 5.1 from this unit, tried all the settings. 

What to do? 

6 minutes ago, IanStry said:

I do however get 5.1 discrete channels from the unit, when playing 5.1 content from my portable HD, this part works fine, and also kodi does not play 5.1 from this unit, tried all the settings. 

What to do? 

Below is proof before I bought the unit that it does 5.1 DTS, can't wait to hear replies from Mygica support on this. 

Screenshot_20180102-123807.png

Since when does youtube even have content that is in 5.1? Yes the box is capable of outputting 5.1 but the content has to be in that format for starters and I don't even know if the youtube app is even programmed to process 5.1. Kodi is a home theater app that is made for it, youtube isn't.