Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charl7504

Can't connect to wireless 5GHz

I have the same issue - the new 495 HDR does not recognize the 5GHz wireless networks at all.... while the old 495 PROs did just fine.

How do we sort this out?!

Nope, no update available on my end - I even tried checking for it manually, says no update available.

What is the latest version?

Mine is on v6.0.1, Build MyGicaS905X-2 v2.00

On 1/17/2018 at 10:49 PM, Crazy Serb said:

Nope, no update available on my end - I even tried checking for it manually, says no update available.

What is the latest version?

Mine is on v6.0.1, Build MyGicaS905X-2 v2.00

Anyone? Support, where are you guys?

This model/version doesn't recognize 5GHz wifi networks so I have to connect to a lot crappier network instead... causing quite a crappier experience.

On 1/23/2018 at 8:42 PM, Crazy Serb said:

Anyone? Support, where are you guys?

This model/version doesn't recognize 5GHz wifi networks so I have to connect to a lot crappier network instead... causing quite a crappier experience.

Hi there. I had the same issue. The solution is to set your router 5ghz channel to a lower one eg. 56 or so. By default 5ghz routers normally use channel 100 and it seems that mygica devices cant connect to those higher frequency. I set mine to channel 56 and problem solved. Hope it helps

Well, another update came out so that might have solved something... but in addition before it did come out I solved it by lowering the signal strength on the 2.4 GHz network and upping the signal on 5 GHz one, so that the box would pick up on that better... and that worked.

Well how the hell do i change the dpeed of my router or channel? I am stuck in 2.4 ghz and it sucks.  Maybe it was a bad idea to buy mygica and people should be informed of yhiz .