Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dburns99

Update on 495Pro HDR hangs on install

Update on 495Pro HDR hangs on install

Just purchased a 495PRO HDR and as soon as I plugged it in and hooked up the Ethernet it started to download new firmware.   I let it do it's thing and now it's stuck on a screen that shows a progress bar and Install:  0/10

It started as Install: 0/8  but froze there so I downloaded the firmware zip file from this site and installed it via USB.   The screen said it was successful but after a reboot it hangs on the progress meter again and says Install: 0/10

At one point after trying to launch the Netflix app it flipped back to the black screen with the progress meter again but this time it said Installing DTV player 1/11. It hung there as well.

If I reboot it goes through the Android screen and the MyGica screen till I get to the home screen but after about 15-20 seconds it reverts back to trying to install 0/10 and hangs.

This is my second time with a MyGica box. I used to use a 586 but I remember having a terrible time with it too.

Help!

Alright to clear things up, 

We had a new firmware update, with that came some apps that needed to be updated too. 

If you are downloading firmware they take up to 15 Minutes again it depends on the connection of your internet if takes longer. The Servers where these boxes are pulling the firmware are all in Canada unless you are in States then from the US, and if you are overseas then from our OverSeas servers.

- If you are stuck on Installations app, 0-8.  press Home 2 times to bypass that one app installation. 

I just received my box today. I am also encountering this issue. It has been stuck on 1/11 for 3 hours. I clicked the home button twice and it went to 2/11 and it has been stuck for almost 90 minutes. There is obviously an issue with my box as if I don't click the home button twice it will not proceed. Is the only way to reset this box to factory settings  through the menu or is ther a reset button on the box somewhere? I reset the box through the factory reset within the settings menu when I encountered this problem on the first boot. The factory reset did not solve the problem. A friend suggested my internet connection is to slow. I performed a speed test and the results are 772 mbps (Download) and 50 mbps (upload) Please help.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, aerotech500 said:

I just received my box today. I am also encountering this issue. It has been stuck on 1/11 for 3 hours. I clicked the home button twice and it went to 2/11 and it has been stuck for almost 90 minutes. There is obviously an issue with my box as if I don't click the home button twice it will not proceed. Is the only way to reset this box to factory settings  through the menu or is ther a reset button on the box somewhere? I reset the box through the factory reset within the settings menu when I encountered this problem on the first boot. The factory reset did not solve the problem. A friend suggested my internet connection is to slow. I performed a speed test and the results are 772 mbps (Download) and 50 mbps (upload) Please help.

Thanks in advance!

HI there,

I actually think that your issue is relating to the remote. Can you ensure that the "dongle" that came with it is securely plugged into one of the USB slots on the MyGica device and not the TV.

If hitting the home button isnt bringing you home during this situation, it is relating to the remote, or dongle in some way.

Hello,

Thank you for the response. The dongle is plugged into the box. Every attempted install hangs. I have to double click the home button  on each install to get to the device home screen. Does this mean each of those installs did not install properly?  Even when I open apps on the home screen they stay open for 30 seconds and crash. Very frustrating device. 

If you could try a regular computer mouse and see if anything is different - if it works, then try  Pairing the remote control: http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=Kr41-RemotePair

if that fails,

Hard Reset:  Option a) If you can get into the menu follow the video below

Option b) Disconnect power adapter, press and hold power button on the front and plug in the power - holding down the power button on the 495 PRO is the reset button

Worst case the unit is DOA and under warranty, in which case  you can always return the unit or get it RMA'd

I have a computer shop and we sell MyGica exclusively.  It seems to be 8 out of 10 495 Pro HDR's take 5-10 hrs to install the rom update.   Here we are more than a month since this became an issue and I just opened two more, both doing the same damn thing (the two I did on Thursday were fine, same supplier same order). 
Still no changes, and no support here for everyone else who took the time to complain.   I would give a portion of my right nut to find a supplier that carries factory sealed boxes that already have the update because Im very close to saying to hell with Mygica, you are losing me time and customers.   I love these boxes but...seriously wtf!
I cant imagine how much rma you are getting from the big chains like Costco and Canadian Tire because of this, since they do nothing to the box before a customer brings it home and plugs it in.  And the average user is going to simply assume d.o.a. and bring it back for one that works.
Note:  none of the slow update boxes have been D.O.A., they work perfectly fine once the bloody rom update finishes.  Do you have an updated ROM you can send me that doesn't hang?  I assume your software team has a beta fix i can manually install.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:47 PM, thehat2k5 said:

I have a computer shop and we sell MyGica exclusively.  It seems to be 8 out of 10 495 Pro HDR's take 5-10 hrs to install the rom update.   Here we are more than a month since this became an issue and I just opened two more, both doing the same damn thing (the two I did on Thursday were fine, same supplier same order). 
Still no changes, and no support here for everyone else who took the time to complain.   I would give a portion of my right nut to find a supplier that carries factory sealed boxes that already have the update because Im very close to saying to hell with Mygica, you are losing me time and customers.   I love these boxes but...seriously wtf!
I cant imagine how much rma you are getting from the big chains like Costco and Canadian Tire because of this, since they do nothing to the box before a customer brings it home and plugs it in.  And the average user is going to simply assume d.o.a. and bring it back for one that works.
Note:  none of the slow update boxes have been D.O.A., they work perfectly fine once the bloody rom update finishes.  Do you have an updated ROM you can send me that doesn't hang?  I assume your software team has a beta fix i can manually install.

Hi,

I am sorry you are having this trouble. With the small glitch on that update, all you need to do to fix the issue is simply click the home button when it starts to hang on the install. It has already completed the install. 

On 2/24/2018 at 3:47 PM, thehat2k5 said:

We fixed this issue with this update

FW:update_MyGica_ATV195X_ATV329X_WV_6.0_20180206_v2.1.img

It will replace the current update that is on our server.

Sorry about this

We also just released Android 7.1 for this model
It can be found here

Please note the current Firmware File on our Server that is causing this issue will be fixed very soon.

Sorry for the issues this has been causing.