Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FudgeTech

1900 Pro Garbled Audio

1900 Pro Garbled Audio

Mygica Support,

Is there any ETA for the software update. My 1900 pro is getting worse.  I have to reboot almost once an hour now to restore the audio. It affects all applications including Android sounds.

My box is connected via hdmi to my TV in case you were wondering. This unit is just over a year old, and right now I can say I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

The sound on my box does the same thing as well and another issue that has been happening lately is after an add the screen will turn black with the arrow and it will need to be rebooted

I am running 5.1.1 build = MyGicaS905V1.20.

Did not change cable but was able to get it to stop so far by using:

Digital sounds = auto detect off, PCM selected.
(Was auto on and spdif,  as I wanted to use optical out)

Sound  output devices = hdmi_ouput
(was on usbaudio_output)

Without the optical I can't get sound to my receiver at the moment but the garbled/double audio has stopped.

15 hours ago, FudgeTech said:

I am running 5.1.1 build = MyGicaS905V1.20.

Digital sounds = auto detect off, PCM selected.
(Was auto on and spdif,  as I wanted to use optical out)

Sound  output devices = hdmi_ouput
(was on usbaudio_output)

Without the optical I can't get sound to my receiver at the moment but the garbled/double audio has stopped.

Is your Stereo receiver DTS or Dolby through HDMI?

I am running 5.1.1 build = MyGicaS905V1.30.

Digital sounds = auto detect off, HDMI selected.

Sound  output devices = hdmi_output

However another issue has arrived when i boot this device up now i am getting an error and i wanted to post a pic of the error but getting an error trying to even send it to you

3 hours ago, FudgeTech said:

It's an older DTS using TOS link optical cable. No HDMI on it at all.

Am a little confused on this then.

If your receiver only uses Audio through optical, and it works using Optical from the mygica box to the receiver
What is the issue then?

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

Am a little confused on this then.

If your receiver only uses Audio through optical, and it works using Optical from the mygica box to the receiver
What is the issue then?

It doesn't work on optical I had to disable it. I had to set everything to HDMI only to stop the gabled audio. I was previously set on auto and USB audio and using both only turning on the reciever when needed and HDMI for everyday tv non surround.

49 minutes ago, FudgeTech said:

It doesn't work on optical I had to disable it. I had to set everything to HDMI only to stop the gabled audio. I was previously set on auto and USB audio and using both only turning on the reciever when needed and HDMI for everyday tv non surround.

Ok so when audio is set to SPDIF on the box and the optical is connected to the receiver the audio is garbled?

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Ok so when audio is set to SPDIF on the box and the optical is connected to the receiver the audio is garbled?

Yes also garbled on HDMI output. But reboot box and it would stop for awhile might be days, or hours until it started again. Only the combination of setting I mentioned earlier has stopped it from happening in over a month now.

Ok, I'm running MyGicaS905V1.30.

Android version 5.1.1.

Problem happens either with HDMI or optical.

I managed to"eliminate" this issue by turning the "pass through" option "off" in the Kodi app itself.

Before I did this though, the problem would always start within Kodi and then all other apps would be affected (YouTube, Spotify etc...).

Then I would have to reboot the box (more the once) for the problem to go away temporary.

On 22/02/2018 at 7:52 AM, Umaguma said:

Ok, I'm running MyGicaS905V1.30.

Android version 5.1.1.

Problem happens either with HDMI or optical.

I managed to"eliminate" this issue by turning the "pass through" option "off" in the Kodi app itself.

Before I did this though, the problem would always start within Kodi and then all other apps would be affected (YouTube, Spotify etc...).

Then I would have to reboot the box (more the once) for the problem to go away temporary.

I checked my Kodi and it was already off. 

I also have the same problem, the problem isnt other hardware or apps, it is a problem with the atv 1900, my sound is garbled with any app I use and only goes away after a reboot, maybe for an half an hour to an hour then the sound gets bad again. I also run my sound through a reciever via optical. I have tried all settings and nothing seems to help. Please guys find a fix for this.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:29 AM, Die Skim said:

I also have the same problem, the problem isnt other hardware or apps, it is a problem with the atv 1900, my sound is garbled with any app I use and only goes away after a reboot, maybe for an half an hour to an hour then the sound gets bad again. I also run my sound through a reciever via optical. I have tried all settings and nothing seems to help. Please guys find a fix for this.

We have been aware of this issue for a long time now
As it has been mentioned in the Thread that's posted above.

We're working with Amlogic to try and fix it, but haven't been successful so far.
I will continue to update everyone on this issue.

On 2018-02-22 at 11:57 AM, MattDbn said:

Check out this thread: 

Seems earlier versions of Kodi are the answer till MyGica update the firmware.

Kodi isn't the cause of this audio problem, neither is the method in which the box is connected to a tv or receiver (hdmi or optical). It's a problem with the chipset. Playing a file with AC3 through kodi17 causes the chipset to not switch back to PCM afterward; is one problem but this one is something that happens in the chipset when the unit is booted up because the audio is garbled for everything right off the bat from bootup. Restarting the box is the only fix and sometimes doesn't work for the garbled problem because it's random and intermittent, in that case restarting multiple times has been the only fix...I've found.

39 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

Kodi isn't the cause of this audio problem, neither is the method in which the box is connected to a tv or receiver (hdmi or optical). It's a problem with the chipset. Playing a file with AC3 through kodi17 causes the chipset to not switch back to PCM afterward; is one problem but this one is something that happens in the chipset when the unit is booted up because the audio is garbled for everything right off the bat from bootup. Restarting the box is the only fix and sometimes doesn't work for the garbled problem because it's random and intermittent, in that case restarting multiple times has been the only fix...I've found.

That is good info, I will take this to our dev team. anything more please update us.

Guys its not a problem with settings or bad cables, i have tried everything there is to try, they have to give us a software update and by the look of things they arent in a hurry, i havent seen any new news about the update, only that they are aware of the problem and they are looking for a fix but for me it doesnt look like they care much. I will never buy any mygica prducts ever again.

Question,

Can I get the sound to work on my samsung reciever if I connect the ATV 1900 PRO to my samsung LED tv via HDMI and then from the tv via HDMI to the reciever. Are there any settings that can be set up for the tv and reciever to work in that way? I realy cant stand the garbled adio anymore so I want to check whether this may help. Currently I'm using an optic wire for the sound from the tv box to my reciever but the sound gets bad too frequently.

4 hours ago, Die Skim said:

Question,

Can I get the sound to work on my samsung reciever if I connect the ATV 1900 PRO to my samsung LED tv via HDMI and then from the tv via HDMI to the reciever. Are there any settings that can be set up for the tv and reciever to work in that way? I realy cant stand the garbled adio anymore so I want to check whether this may help. Currently I'm using an optic wire for the sound from the tv box to my reciever but the sound gets bad too frequently.

The garbled sound is from faulty processing in the chipset of the box. Running the HDMI to the TV first before the receiver doesn't change anything. The only fix is a software/firmware update which they say they are working on to fix all the audio issues. It might help to do a factory reset on the box and then reinstalling and setting up all your apps from scratch for now.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:35 AM, bkwashby said:

The garbled sound is from faulty processing in the chipset of the box. Running the HDMI to the TV first before the receiver doesn't change anything. The only fix is a software/firmware update which they say they are working on to fix all the audio issues. It might help to do a factory reset on the box and then reinstalling and setting up all your apps from scratch for now.

We're actually now trying to port Android 7.1 to the 1900 PRO/495 PRO
So this should solve the Audio issue

Will keep you posted on this

3 hours ago, Justin said:

That's awesome, what's the ETA on that?

On 5/1/2018 at 9:10 PM, Justin said:

Great, any idea if it will be Google certified?