Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xziat

495 Pro Freezing and Failing to Load App Content

495 Pro Freezing and Failing to Load App Content

We just bought a 495Pro and most TV apps -- Netflix, Terarium, Redbull TV, YouTube, etc. --  freeze when trying to navigate and almost always give a "video failed to load" message. Sometimes we can refresh it 10 or 12 times and the video will load, but mostly we have to pick something new to watch. We did a hard reset and that helped for about an hour.  I have unplugged and rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, and turned everything off and back on again, including the modem. We have a Roku in the bedroom and it works perfectly. 

I called customer support and I got an angry dude on Skype with a terrible connection who lost his connection to the call. 

I'd really like for this to work, so if anyone has some ideas, please let me know before I take this thing back to the store and say goodbye forever.

Thank you!

Hi Xziat

I had the same problem with a new 495 PRO HDR but I remembered my atv1800e had the same issue at one time.  Try downloading the manual update onto a usb key then update with the Ethernet cable unplugged.  Not saying that this is your problem but give it a try. It worked for me.

Bo

29 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Is there a step by step on how to update with USB???

Andrew, are you trying to manually load the firmware onto a 495 PRO?

The link below will have these instructions, but may I ask why you are trying to do this?

I just got this box yesterday and the box is slow for not having anything on it. When I open the setting to manage apps the screen is going dim. I have to wait for it to catch up if I am going to fast through the apps. My 495 with 5.0 doesn’t do this. 

10 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

I just got this box yesterday and the box is slow for not having anything on it. When I open the setting to manage apps the screen is going dim. I have to wait for it to catch up if I am going to fast through the apps. My 495 with 5.0 doesn’t do this. 

This before or after the update that was suggested?

17 hours ago, Andrew James said:

The screen is pulsing dim and bright 

Andrew, I have never heard of this happening on one of the boxes. I am worried that maybe it is a hardware issue, especially if your 495 isn't doing this on the same environment.

Where did you purchase this item? We are happy to warranty this for you.  Shoot me a pm and I will direct you on what to do.