Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerChap

1960 vs 1900?

1960 vs 1900?

On the MyGiga.com official site they reference the ATV1960 but none of the stores, either local or online (I'm in Canada) have that model.  They all reference the 1900.  What is the difference between the two models and why can't I seem to locate the 1960?  I can't even find any article or review that compares the two models.

It all has to do with chipset and a wee bit more memory in the ATV 1960.  Because of the chipset, for the North American model MyGica is not sure if it will be Android 6 or 7 at this moment...the ATV 1960 also has an Octocore Processor

Ok,  I take it then that this is an unreleased product, which would explain why I couldn't find it anywhere else than the official site.    Any word on release date?

Thank you.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:42 AM, JerChap said:

Ok,  I take it then that this is an unreleased product, which would explain why I couldn't find it anywhere else than the official site.    Any word on release date?

Thank you.

It is out

I bought one in South Africa during November 2017. Its a big improvement over the 1900, The remote is 1000000X better, It seems to be quite a rare device. I had to buy mine at a physical store.. The version I bought has Android 6.

The device has been appearing in spurts around the globe and is officially released by Mygica  (.com,) in USA. It appears that the Canadian release is imminent and perhaps relates to either tweaking the final release with some software licensing related to 4k throughput for DRM, or perhaps they are holding off for a large retailer to compete a stock reduction on the 1900 Pro. (..and the 1900 Pro is a fabulous product anyway!) You will see a soft, hopeful, promise in these forums that it would arrive in December, but as at 29 January it is not here yet.