Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David22

Does Kodi 17.6 work well on 1900 PRO

Does Kodi 17.6 work well on 1900 PRO

Can someone confirm Kodi 17.6 works well on the 1900 Pro (the last last version of Krypton) .

I have seen various posts saying to keep Kodi updated, but then have seen other posts where some people are reporting problems with audio pass through with Kodo 17.5 and problems with 17.6.

I am still running Kodi 16.1 with no problems (an OS version 4.1.1).

I am also running pass through over HDMI to my Samsung Smart TV (KS8000) and then over SPDIF optical to my old Yamaha AV receiver.

I know I can update to Kodi 17.6 and then revert back to 16.1, but would rather know before hand if there are problems with jumppy video play back or pass through audio?

17.6 works well for me but there is one problem that may or may not effect you. When Kodi went to Krypton they changed the way it decoded Dolby Digital and DTS so if you watch a video encoded with them and then tried to watch a video or stream a video through an addon that was encoded with AAC, you lost the PCM audio. Same if you exited Kodi and tried to use another app, the only way to get the PCM audio back is to reset the box. They are working on a software update to fix the chipset issue that causes this problem but haven't heard anything for a month now.

So I guess no kodi 17.6.

This is the second my gica box i feel ripped off with and the second time i have been burned with this box.

PLEASE BE POLITE company.

I bought this with the promise it would run HD netflix. Being a netflix HD subscriber I had spent $200 on this POS for this non existent feature.

Now its useless for kodi as well.

Lesson learned. Will never buy anything from this PLEASE BE POLITE company again.

Just install kodi 16.1 and it will work fine. It's not the boxes fault that kodi changed the way it works with android in version 17 after the box was already released. I don't know what the problem is with netflix but I know there is a bunch of threads on here about it that might help. Maybe uninstall the default netflix and install the google play version or the aptoid version.

1 hour ago, bkwashby said:

Just install kodi 16.1 and it will work fine. It's not the boxes fault that kodi changed the way it works with android in version 17 after the box was already released. I don't know what the problem is with netflix but I know there is a bunch of threads on here about it that might help. Maybe uninstall the default netflix and install the google play version or the aptoid version.

The problem with netflix is they are not authorized as a HD content provider. Shouldnt tell people their box can do something they arent authorized to.

ANdroid 5 is compatible with Kodi 17. This PLEASE BE POLITE box isnt.

looking for an unofficial way to try and support a netflix feature netflix hasnt authorized them to is not why i paid $219 for this junk.

It was to replace a $60 box which Im still using instead as my $60 box runs netflix they same way as this garbage but also runs kodi 17.

Its annoying

I dont mind paying for things but my initial anger was their LIE about netflix support.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:01 AM, JamesATV1900PRO said:

The problem with netflix is they are not authorized as a HD content provider. Shouldnt tell people their box can do something they arent authorized to.

ANdroid 5 is compatible with Kodi 17. This PLEASE BE POLITE box isnt.

looking for an unofficial way to try and support a netflix feature netflix hasnt authorized them to is not why i paid $219 for this junk.

It was to replace a $60 box which Im still using instead as my $60 box runs netflix they same way as this garbage but also runs kodi 17.

Its annoying

I dont mind paying for things but my initial anger was their LIE about netflix support.

Hi there, 

can you please please tell me where we promised Netflix hd? 

We never included tgis this on any marketing or advertisements.