David22

Does Kodi 17.6 work well on 1900 PRO

Does Kodi 17.6 work well on 1900 PRO

Can someone confirm Kodi 17.6 works well on the 1900 Pro (the last last version of Krypton) .

I have seen various posts saying to keep Kodi updated, but then have seen other posts where some people are reporting problems with audio pass through with Kodo 17.5 and problems with 17.6.

I am still running Kodi 16.1 with no problems (an OS version 4.1.1).

I am also running pass through over HDMI to my Samsung Smart TV (KS8000) and then over SPDIF optical to my old Yamaha AV receiver.

I know I can update to Kodi 17.6 and then revert back to 16.1, but would rather know before hand if there are problems with jumppy video play back or pass through audio?

17.6 works well for me but there is one problem that may or may not effect you. When Kodi went to Krypton they changed the way it decoded Dolby Digital and DTS so if you watch a video encoded with them and then tried to watch a video or stream a video through an addon that was encoded with AAC, you lost the PCM audio. Same if you exited Kodi and tried to use another app, the only way to get the PCM audio back is to reset the box. They are working on a software update to fix the chipset issue that causes this problem but haven't heard anything for a month now.