Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deltaone21

DSTV NOW APP NOW WORKING - DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED

DSTV NOW APP NOW WORKING - DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED

THIS HAPPEND AFTER AN UPDATE.

THE DEVICE WAS WORKING 100% UNTIL TODAY???????????????????????????

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING?

6 hours ago, mornejacobs said:

tHE ISSUE CANT BE WITH dstv APP, no ways guys

Yes it actually is.

They decided to make their app only work with Google Certified Devices, this is the first time I've ever seen an app do this before.

We're trying to find a work around, but no guarantees at this time

Other users have reported that they are still able to use DSTV if they revert back to the previous version

Hi All,

My DSTV Now app also stopped working and when I made contact with DSTV, they politely replied:

"Well D, it shouldn't have worked to begin with, the app has never supported the device.~HBB"

I know this has been asked before but how do you revert back to the old version?

TIA

2 hours ago, Dman83 said:

Hi All,

My DSTV Now app also stopped working and when I made contact with DSTV, they politely replied:

"Well D, it shouldn't have worked to begin with, the app has never supported the device.~HBB"

I know this has been asked before but how do you revert back to the old version?

TIA

https://apkpure.com/dstv-now/com.dstvmobile.android

12 hours ago, Justin said:

Thanks for sharing this

No worries. Just uninstall the latest DStv Now and install one version below. I did that last night and it works 100%

20 hours ago, Jalize said:

Mygica must update the firmware of the boxes to make them Google certified!!

You cannot just update the boxes to become Google Certified

As I have said on other posts, getting the devices certified by Google is not possible.

So maybe I am delusional but I am pretty sure it was said the Atv1800, 582 was Google certified. See my attachments for claims made and a screenshot of what the app states.

We here in South-Africa cannot use the DSTV app as it appears that there is again the issue of the device ID. 

Justin, thanks for helping us in this matter. 

JvanD

20180307_200737.jpg

screengrab-1520443802418.png

screengrab-1520443831429.png

2 hours ago, Dlangejc said:

So maybe I am delusional but I am pretty sure it was said the Atv1800, 582 was Google certified. See my attachments for claims made and a screenshot of what the app states.

We here in South-Africa cannot use the DSTV app as it appears that there is again the issue of the device ID. 

Justin, thanks for helping us in this matter. 

JvanD

20180307_200737.jpg

screengrab-1520443802418.png

screengrab-1520443831429.png

The issue is not Device ID, it is because the devices being used are not Google Certified.
DSTV decided to make their app only work with Google Certified Devices on their recent app update.
Plus the certified OS  was Android 4.4, I can see you're using 5.1

Yes the 582 was certified before, but it expired and Google is no longer renewing or accepting AOSP Google Certified Applications for TV Boxes
Only for Mobile/Tablet Devices

We're trying to find a work around for this, but cannot promise anything.

Thanks Justin, the DSTV now app is pretty much affecting now the majority of my Android devices (tv's, smart boxes, etc.) 

If the engineers can find a fix - right on 😎

On 3/9/2018 at 5:31 AM, Dlangejc said:

Thanks Justin, the DSTV now app is pretty much affecting now the majority of my Android devices (tv's, smart boxes, etc.) 

If the engineers can find a fix - right on 😎

We're trying to find a work around

But cannot promise anything

DSTV owns the app and the content also, this is how they have chosen to make their content available to their customers.  Its a way of protecting their content. 

If I we're a customer of DSTV, I would be complaining, after all you are a paying customer. 

On 3/17/2018 at 3:08 AM, Christo Bernardo said:

When will you be able to certify Mygica products i bought a ATV 495x 2 months ago and DSTV Now was working fine until Monday

How do you install a previous version of the app?

You cannot just certify any device, it doesn't work that way
As I have mentioned before, Google doesn't certify TV boxes that use the Mobile Version of Android

Hi All, thanks for all the great tips here, my issue now. I uninstalled the dstv now app, installed older version and switched off automatic updates.

Once I go out the app, the next time it says cannot play video content and I have to repeat the process of uninstalling and re-installing app.

Any help is appreciated

Tx

On 8/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, wozg15 said:

Hi All, thanks for all the great tips here, my issue now. I uninstalled the dstv now app, installed older version and switched off automatic updates.

Once I go out the app, the next time it says cannot play video content and I have to repeat the process of uninstalling and re-installing app.

Any help is appreciated

Tx

Hi Wozg15

DSTV Now has removed support for all android media players not running android TV OS and those that are not Google Certified.
DSTV removed compatibility with these devices without notification in January 2018, however, some devices that were not able to run OTA (‘Over the Air’ updates) have only been updated recently, so some devices may still have worked until updated.
There was a work-around that was based off an older version of the DSTV Now APK, however, Multichoice has archived and discontinued all pre-2018 versions of the application, thus the work-around no longer works.
DSTV’s official reasoning behind the decision to remove all android media players is still not fully known, apart from mention that they are upgrading security protocols in the App.
When the application is installed on a device that is no longer supported, it will give all various errors; from false root error responses, loss of internet connection, to resulting in a failure to connect to servers / services.
At the moment the only MyGica device in South Africa that is on the ‘supported list’ is the MyGica ATV495Max.

regards

Ladies. Please see below for Google's solution 

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/

In short,  install Device ID app. Copy the Frameworks  ID and register the device on 

https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/

Hope this helps. 

Please see first link to XDA for a more insightful and detailed explanation. 

Device+ID.apk

On 3/2/2018 at 5:58 PM, Justin said:

Yes it actually is.

They decided to make their app only work with Google Certified Devices, this is the first time I've ever seen an app do this before.

We're trying to find a work around, but no guarantees at this time

Other users have reported that they are still able to use DSTV if they revert back to the previous version

How can I access the old DSTV version?