Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deltaone21

DSTV NOW APP NOW WORKING - DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED

Hi all,

About 10 moths ago I bought the MXQ Pro Android 7.1 Smart TV box on Bid or Buy.

The DSTV Now and Netflix app is already installed and working perfectly.

A few weeks ago the DSTV Now app notified me that a newer version is available, but I just clicked "Later".

Now suddenly when I open the DSTV Now app it doesn't work any more, i get a pop-up , "Update available, This version of DSTV Now has expired, please update to the latest version...".

Now, before I go and try to trouble shoot the issue and probably mess it up even more. i would appreciate any feedback on on how to rectify the issue.

Regards
Deon

On 7/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, d30n said:

Hi all,

About 10 moths ago I bought the MXQ Pro Android 7.1 Smart TV box on Bid or Buy.

The DSTV Now and Netflix app is already installed and working perfectly.

A few weeks ago the DSTV Now app notified me that a newer version is available, but I just clicked "Later".

Now suddenly when I open the DSTV Now app it doesn't work any more, i get a pop-up , "Update available, This version of DSTV Now has expired, please update to the latest version...".

Now, before I go and try to trouble shoot the issue and probably mess it up even more. i would appreciate any feedback on on how to rectify the issue.

Regards
Deon

Hi Deon. Same thing happened to us. Ive just managed to figure it out.  You will need to 'side install' a later version of dstv now. a version somewhere in between the one you had and the latest. 

1. open chrome on you box - google 'dstv now apk'

2. APKpure will be one of the first links. click on it.

3. in apk pure choose 'versions'

4. Select a previous version. Im using v2.1.11. (you might have to do this a few times with different versions to find the right one)

5.It will automatically download the apk.  once downloaded open the apk (under files,downloads) and install.

6. Once installed it may work OR you may get an error saying device is uncertified, check goolge play store blah blah blah (this happened to me)

IF YOU GET THE NOT CERTIFIED ERROR....

1. Open play store. search Device ID app. Install it. 

2.Once installed open the app  and copy the code in the second line called “Google Service Framework (GSF).”

3. In google chrome on you laptop or wherever go to this link https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/   (this is a link google created to allow people to certify their devices)

4. Enter the GFS id and click register.

5.  All done now you just need to go a clear the cache and data for the Play Store App and the DSTV now app. This is usually under apps>manage apps>installed>google play store

6. ALL DONE! 

Hi all,

Some advice would be appreciated. I used the device ID and registered the GFS ID. i installed an older version of DSTV Now (2.1.25) which worked perfectly for about 30 odd minutes before it gave an error and when I restarted the app the message of an uncertified device showed again.

Any ideas?

The mygica file that once allowed Dstv to work on a non certified mygica tv box now, the app now says it expired and needs to be updated but then once you update it doesn’t work. Is there a fix for this ?

I agree and it does not even allow me to update the firmware, always errors and loading issues. DSTV and showmax compatibility I cannot get right when I need it to play it gives me errors

Permanant fix - 1. Download correct TWRP for your device onto a flash drive, advice specific to your device can be found by searching on freaktab. 2. Download rebooter. 3. Download emulator. 4. Download Magisk zip only file. 5. Run rebooter and select recovery. 6. Install TWRP from usb. Using TWRP install Magisk Zip file to root device. 8. Reboot. 9. Open magisk, go to downloads and get 'magisk busybox' and also 'magisk props' install both. Under settings select magisk hide 10. Open Emulator and type in Props - Select option 1. Choose any brand and install fingerprint. Reboot device. Device is now certified on playstore and all of your apps will work and update. No more shady sideloads. Will work forever bypassing google safety net.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:38 AM, Crazybabwean said:

Permanant fix - 1. Download correct TWRP for your device onto a flash drive, advice specific to your device can be found by searching on freaktab. 2. Download rebooter. 3. Download emulator. 4. Download Magisk zip only file. 5. Run rebooter and select recovery. 6. Install TWRP from usb. Using TWRP install Magisk Zip file to root device. 8. Reboot. 9. Open magisk, go to downloads and get 'magisk busybox' and also 'magisk props' install both. Under settings select magisk hide 10. Open Emulator and type in Props - Select option 1. Choose any brand and install fingerprint. Reboot device. Device is now certified on playstore and all of your apps will work and update. No more shady sideloads. Will work forever bypassing google safety net.

If I may ask which 'emulator' you talking about and where do I download it?

So has MyGica still not found a solution for the DSTV app 2 years after DSTV stopped working on their device? Must we now just throw away theses TV boxes? Surely that can’t be the solution! Anyone?

Probably very late. But this worked for me. Uninstall all the DSTV, Netflix, showmax app then go to the play store and disabled auto updates, then go to the mygica market and download it from there and not the play store. For good measure (optional) clear the device cash by unplugging it from power , hold down the power button and plug it back in, wait for button to go red and release. Look for wipe cash partition (use the enter button on the mygica remote from keypad side) and reboot.Hope this work.

Probably very late. But this worked for me. Uninstall all the DSTV, Netflix, showmax app then go to the play store and disabled auto updates, then go to the mygica market and download it from there and not the play store. For good measure (optional) clear the device cash by unplugging it from power , hold down the power button and plug it back in, wait for button to go red and release. Look for wipe cash partition (use the enter button on the mygica remote from keypad side) and reboot.Hope this work.