Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rpdoublezz

MyGica ATV 1200 Review and Issues

Dear MyGica

I just purchased the mygica ATV1200 with os 4.1 because most importantly I wanted a media streaming box that supported component video. To be honest, I'm extremely disappointed in this device thus far. I've been doing a lot of research and collectively this seems to be the general consensus for this model and OS version. I am familiar and consider myself somewhat technically incline when it comes to media streaming devices. I own and use the WD TV Live, Rocu, Xbox and even the Smart Hub on Samsung Smart TV's. All these devices work great and do what they advertise to be able to do. Most importantly, they all seem to have one thing in common,  they are all stable products. In conclusion, I believe that MyGica should not be advertising and selling this model as a Component Video ready device. 

Now that I realize that my initial reasoning for purchasing this device is no longer realistic, I would like to salvage my investment and move forward. I understand that OS 4.1 is no longer being supported by MyGica so if I upgrade/update this extremely unstable and vast amount of bugs OS 4.1 to OS 4.2 I will no longer have the ability to use the component video. 

I do however have a couple concerns and questions prior to doing this update because if these issues are still common with OS 4.2 then I may not even attempt to update it at all. 

Will the update fix the following issues:

-Remote will not power on or even power off device.

-Unlike other devices, I can not use the regular RCA video (composite) when moving to a standard television. Seems I have to configure the box prior to unplugging component and moving over to standard composite RCA. Most media streaming box's simultaneously produce a HD signal and Regular RCA signal (composite) so that moving from tv to tv does not cripple you with a blank screen. 

-Can not use the TMN Go app. Gives an error when selecting a video to play. Says the playback does not support altered android os. 

-Can not use Netflix app. What's the point of a media streaming device that can't support the two most popular apps. 

-No screen saver function built in. Worried I might burn the static image onto the tv if left on for a while. 

Also, what other significant improvements will I expect to see with OS 4.2 over the pre installed 4.1

Looking forward to your responce... Thanks