Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jasonp2018

Network issues

Network issues

Hi all, hoping someone can help here

I recently bought an ATV 495X & am struggling to get it to connect to my network. Wi-fi connects fine but my signal is weak. Ethernet will not connect (yes wi-fi is off) on DHCP but will connect with Static IP. When I enter Static IP the unit connects immediately & says it is connected to the Internet, but there is definately no connection (Netflix, You-Tube won't start)

The rest of my home network is connected via a workgroup & all machines are on DHCP which is being assigned by the router.

My other Mygica (495PRO) connects perfectly on the same network.

I have tried everything i can think of to sort this out and am on the verge of returning the unit to the supplier:

I did notice on the initial setup that it wouldn't connect to Ethernet network (option to choose Wi-fi or Ethernet) & I would have to press the home button on the remote to exit the setup

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Yes, ran ipconfig /all on my pc to make sure IP address range was good as well as gateway & DHCP.

I checked on the router & the IP address I assigned is not coming up as connected

Process a factory reset on The ATV495X and try to normally connect just like what you do on your ATV495Pro. 

If it does not connect then contact your seller for replacement of the unit.