Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geoff09

ATV495X

ATV495X

I bought a MyGica ATV495X in December mainly to use the DSTV Now app. Eveything was working fine up until Monday this week and now says device not certified. Google does not give any advice on how to certify device only to take back to manufacturer and get a device which is certified.

So what now? 

On 2/24/2018 at 3:58 AM, Geoff09 said:

ATV495X

I bought a MyGica ATV495X in December mainly to use the DSTV Now app. Eveything was working fine up until Monday this week and now says device not certified. Google does not give any advice on how to certify device only to take back to manufacturer and get a device which is certified.

So what now? 

This issue is with the actual DSTV App.
They decided to make their app to only work with Google Certified devices.

Currently we cannot do anything about it.
We're looking into it, but cannot guarantee if it can be fixed.

Just use an older apk and log out of google once installed to stop app from updating i had same issue worked for me.

pmme ill send you link.

39 minutes ago, fanwp said:

Just use an older apk and log out of google once installed to stop app from updating i had same issue worked for me.

pmme ill send you link.

So far this works

Thanks for sharing.

We're trying to find a work around currently for the newest version
But no guarantees

Hopefully we can fix it.

When will there be an update for atv495x? Is there a means to Google certify the device, instead of workarounds, and being forced to use old versions of apps to be able to use them. I can't even cast my YouTube to my device.