Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RyanTheLion

DSTV Now App

DSTV Now App

My MyGica 495X did an update and now none of my apps will work. It has Android 6.1 loaded. This is hugely annoying. Its been working perfectly until the unit did an update. How do we get the DSTV Now app and other apps to work? All i get is that your device is now "uncertified" so how do i go about getting this certified?

On 2/24/2018 at 6:38 AM, RyanTheLion said:

DSTV Now App

My MyGica 495X did an update and now none of my apps will work. It has Android 6.1 loaded. This is hugely annoying. Its been working perfectly until the unit did an update. How do we get the DSTV Now app and other apps to work? All i get is that your device is now "uncertified" so how do i go about getting this certified?

The issue is with the actual DSTV App
Their recent update cause this.

All other non DSTV apps will work

21 hours ago, Jalize said:

The actual problem is that the mygica boxes are not google certified!!

Mygica better fix this urgently.

We never advertised that they we're google certified.

We're trying to find a work around right now, but cannot promise anything.

17 minutes ago, Carel Jacobs said:

The insert in my box actualy states that its is google certified.

This is wrongfull advertising

Can you PM me a picture of this?

Because none of the material included in the boxes we sell here in North America state this

If it does state this in your box, then it is the South African Distributor of MyGica that put it in there.

On 3/17/2018 at 3:28 AM, Christo Bernardo said:

Why can you not get it certified?

Because Google doesn't certify TV boxes based on the version of Android we're using

It does say it is a google certified device. The 582 booklet, on the first page near the bottom "Mygica ATV 582 is the world's first GMS Google Certified 4K Quad Core Smart TV Box.

What now with the DSTV app? I have 3 of these devices, how do I get it sorted, or do all South Africans bring a class action against Mygica.

I also bought the MyGica 585 as it was advertised as Google certified and ran the DSTV Now app, so if the South African distributors of MyGica miss represented this, then this issue needs to be address. Either replace our boxes with ones that are Google certified or recall these uncertified boxes and refund so we can purchase ones that are Google Certified.

17 hours ago, Maz said:

I also bought the MyGica 585 as it was advertised as Google certified and ran the DSTV Now app, so if the South African distributors of MyGica miss represented this, then this issue needs to be address. Either replace our boxes with ones that are Google certified or recall these uncertified boxes and refund so we can purchase ones that are Google Certified.

Same here - Surely Mygica must sort this out.

Everyone with problems on DSTV Now app, Brendan posted on another post that if you download the DSTV Now apk vs 1.42.6, and take off auto update in google play settings, it will now work. Mine does😊 thanks Brendan

17 hours ago, uuhuan said:

I also bought the MyGica 585 as it was advertised as Google certified and ran the DSTV Now app, so if the South African distributors of MyGica miss represented this, then this issue needs to be addressed. 

I would take up this issue with your seller then.

Or take it up with the distributor

I work for the distributor in North America, so I have no influence on this issue with the distributor or the seller that sold it to you.