Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julia

My ATV329x Keeps Freezing Up

My ATV329x Keeps Freezing Up

Not sure if its the remote or the whole box but it freezes up and I can't navigate to any apps....I can turn it off and on thats it....I've changed the batteries several times....unplugged it several times....changed USB for the mouse....but nothing seem to work....I really need  help....this is new to me so if anyone could make any suggestions it would be very helpful

You can try either of these options

They are both new Firmware

Please note Android 7.1 will Factory Reset your device

We fixed this issue with this update

FW:update_MyGica_ATV195X_ATV329X_WV_6.0_20180206_v2.1.img

It will replace the current update that is on our server.

Sorry about this

We also just released Android 7.1 for this model
It can be found here

OK....I will do the update....hopefully it will fix my problem....it seemed like I was changing batteries in the remote every other day....

Well that didn't work because I can't navigate the thing in order to install the update....I still can only turn it on and off

UPDATE:    THAT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!.....I followed the instructions for pairing.....the blue light didn't flash at all....pressed the V+ and Page+ at the same time....no flashing light.....plugged in the tongle still no flashing light.....powered it up....and nothing!!!!

OK.....here is the latest update.....I got the mouse to finally work after spending countless hours on YouTube.

Step 1.  Remove the batteries from the remote

Step 2.  Press each button on the remote and hold it for 5seconds then move to the next one.....this includes even the buttons on the keyboard.

Step 3.  Replace batteries with new ones and put them back in the remote.

Then it should work......if this doesn't work for you.....my next suggestion would be ....take a hammer to it and go buy one that works

Thanks for the support that didn't get me anywhere

My next question was going to be.....how do I install the new firmware but I think I'd be much better off if I consult YouTube.

Please check the bottom of your unit, to get confusion out of the place.  check your Serial number if indicating 495P or 495H  

To process, an update on your ATV329X follow these steps. 

First, download the file and wait till it is totally finished downloading ( 

How to process the steps:

1. Download the zip file
2. Unzip 
3. Format your MicroSD Card / SDcard to FAT32
4. Drag and drop files from Unzip folder to root of your MicroSD card
5. Hook it up to your ATV329X or ATV195X
6. Connect HDMI, turn the TV on
7.  Front Power button hold it down.    
8. Hookup power while holding down Reset, via pin
9. Hold for 15 seconds
10. Select (( Apply update from EXT ))
11. Update from Micro SDcard / SDcard if you have files on sd card or Udisk if you have it inside of USB.

1 hour ago, Julia said:

Is there a factory reset button on the ATV329x???

The power button on the ATV 329X is the reset button

Just holding it down will activate the reset button

ok...I'm getting very frustrated with this procedure.....nothing is working....how do I go about getting a refund or a new box because obviously this one is very defective.....holding down the power button did absolutely nothing....I can't power it on....so it is absolutely useless to me at this point....

I am having the same problem. My remote just stopped working. I cannot navigate from home screen. I plugged a mouse in and opened my browser in order to download the update as suggested. As I signed in with my email adress, my tv screen went blank. Any suggestion?

On 3/8/2018 at 7:47 PM, Julia said:

ok...I'm getting very frustrated with this procedure.....nothing is working....how do I go about getting a refund or a new box because obviously this one is very defective.....holding down the power button did absolutely nothing....I can't power it on....so it is absolutely useless to me at this point....

If you purchased it from Wal Mart. just take it back to get it exchanged.

2 hours ago, Francois van Zyl said:

I am having the same problem. My remote just stopped working. I cannot navigate from home screen. I plugged a mouse in and opened my browser in order to download the update as suggested. As I signed in with my email adress, my tv screen went blank. Any suggestion?

What update did you download?

And you used the boxes web browser to do this?