Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wad

ATV1800 manual update issue

I tried to manually update to Android 5.1 using an SD card. I turned off the device, held in the Reset/Upgrade button and connected the power. The light on the device stays green, no flashing, no red nothing. Solid green. I've tried several times and still the same result.

Please help !!!!

On 2/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, Wad said:

I tried to manually update to Android 5.1 using an SD card. I turned off the device, held in the Reset/Upgrade button and connected the power. The light on the device stays green, no flashing, no red nothing. Solid green. I've tried several times and still the same result.

Please help !!!!

Did you follow all of the instructions and How to Video listed here?

If you did not paste all of the files correctly to your SD card, then that is why the lights are not flashing for you.

Good evening. I recently (finally) opened up my boxed/sealed my ATV1800E, and have been reading the forums for the latest (??) information. I've not used it yet out-of-the-box, and have already put the OS 5.1 firmware upgrade on a USB stick (FAT32), as noted in this discussion. The device boots up to the TV screen asking for the default launcher but I can't seem to navigate using the remote provided (KR60). Batteries are new, red light comes on when I press ANY button on the remote, but nothing works (navigation, arrow keys. Power button works, but then I get stuck at Standby or Reboot (can't select). I'm also doubly confused with the "Learning Area" and what this provides with my non-SMART LG 55" TV.

As for the USB stick with the latest OS firmware, the device is unresponsive with a blank screen.  First I want to make sure the remote works, and I can at least start KitKat OS (4.4) and navigate through the device settings and home menu. Once I get a feel for the device I'll then contemplate the upgrade to the firmware. Either the device is too old, not compatible with my 3 year old LG, or I'm too old to follow instructions. Could use someone's help!

I get it, and should have started way earlier with this box. However, it'll be used as an 'experiment' to see how well these media boxes work. At the moment it looks like it's pooched anyways as the upgrade of the firmware has corrupted the boot loader, and built-in OS. I've tried multiple times to download and reload the latest 5.1 firmware .img file (only 1 file, not many), to no avail. Returning a 3-year old media box, bought online from MyGica, is not an option anymore. I'm hoping I can reload the original firmware (from the factory for Android 4.4) in order to start clean - again.

MyGica-Error1.JPG

I followed the instructions for Android 4.4.2 Factory Reset, and everything is back to its original state. I may take another stab at upgrading the device to OS 5.1 now that it's (the device) stable. I still can't get the remote to work (at all), so I'm resorting to a mouse and keyboard for input and control. The thing lights up when pressing buttons, but the device does not respond to anything other than the power button. Thanks for your input.

That means it isn't synced with the remote. Do you have the usb dongle plugged in to the device?

Which remote do you have?

Where the heck did you get a brand new sealed 1800e? I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

LOL.. the device was brand new in a box since 2016 (never hooked up). We moved and forgot all about it until recently. Not sure which dongle you're referring to as there's nothing in the package. Just the KR60 remote, and really flakey instructions about "learning mode" which makes no sense to me. I've got the box reset to factory specs, and using a mouse to navigate via a USB port. I gather I could hook up a keyboard to do the rest. Syncing? With what? TV remote? I have an LG 55" (non-SMART, non-4K).

If I can at least get the remote to work with the media box, then that'll be a big plus!

Hi,

While I am not sure what is going on with that kr-60 remote, it seems that the unit is working if you are using a mouse and keyboard.

Since that works, you can pick up a third party remote, or one of our 2.4 ghz remotes from our site or amazon. 

If somehow you're nearby the Pearson airport and want to bring in the device to see whats up with the remote, and see your options, let me know.

19 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi,

While I am not sure what is going on with that kr-60 remote, it seems that the unit is working if you are using a mouse and keyboard.

Since that works, you can pick up a third party remote, or one of our 2.4 ghz remotes from our site or amazon. 

If somehow you're nearby the Pearson airport and want to bring in the device to see whats up with the remote, and see your options, let me know.

I may take you up on your offer to drop by, as I'm just north of the GTA. Would it be possible to PM/email your location?