Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GhostFire

Please Help! atv582 09/25 update failed(recovery screen)

Hey guys so I posted quick in the feedback forum for this new update that my 582 was not getting the OTA update prompts. I read from another member that i could update it via OTA by de-selecting the auto update box and clicking the manual update. When I did this the prompt came up saying there was the available update but when I clicked update it prompted me that the internal SD did not have sufficent room on it to handle the update. It said I must make room manually or format the SD before updating. I was unsure of doing this so I posted in the feedback forum and a member suggested I use a external SD card and that the box would use the external SD to download and do the update through instead of cacheing the file through the unit itself. I tried this but now it only boots to the recovery screen and gives me the following errors in the bottom left screen.

E: Bad bootloader arguments

"null"

E:failed to mount/sdcard (no such file or directory)

E: cannot mount/sdcard (no such file or directtory)

E:Can't mount/sdcard/factory_update_param.aml

E:failed to mount/udisk (no such device)

E:cannot mount/udisk (no such device)

E: Can't mount/udisk/factory_update_param.aml

I can select to do a factory reset in the recovery menu as well as reboot but both bring me right back into the recovery screen.

Can someone from technical service please help!!!! I called the technical service line which only told me to post in the forum.

also here is the "about device" information i had prior to this whole ordeal. I also never installed or loaded any other media or apps to the unit other then what came with it and the regular xbmc add-ons such as Fushion and Mashup

Android version 4.4.2

Uboot version 3159fa2(20140718.155435)

Kernal version 3.10.33

Build # 20140801

Ok so I went ahead and fixed this issue on my own I believe.

First off i think the orginal box when it was first setup and a partially corrupted firmware update or something which was causing it not to get the OTA upgrades ect.

To get out of the recovery screen i had to reinstall the firmware and boot files from the late July release. Sorry cant remmeber the file dates but they are the latest ones before the OTA updates that you can get in the DL section for the 582.

After getting back into the OS screen and going through the basic setup for the unit the 582 started to receive the updates OTA on its own without me prompting it to. So far it has updated twice and now reads that the uboot version is 0905 and the build is 0925 which im assuming is the latest releases.

Anyways hope this might helps others who went through the same issues I did.

On a side note I find it funny that mygica can call there phone support ( technical support) when all they do is tell you to post a help subject in the forums. Wasn't impressed with that very much. Other then that I'm hoping everything will go smooth from here on.

Always ensure that you download the OTA to "external SD card" I also think that downloading to cache corrupts the firmware and the OTA server is quite slow my side.

Best to do usually if it's a major update is to reset the unit in settings to load everything from scratch.

Glad u sorted it out.

@Ghostfire

Good to hear that you got it sorted out.

As for phone support, our best support is given on the forums or by email. Our phone line support is only setup for first level support, which means very basic things. That is why they suggested you to post on the forum, as it is easier for us to help with any questions or problems that customers may have, and also other more technical members of our forum like to help out as well.

An open discussion forum will always be the best help I think.

I think Dlangejc got it right. "Always ensure that you download the OTA to "external SD card" I also think that downloading to cache corrupts the firmware"

I've had this problem as well with it going to the recovery screen, and after restoring various updates this was the only way to get the OTA update to take

Justin, can you mention this to the developers and maybe change the default as well to external sd card.

Thanks

same thing happened to me today with the 1800e model.

the only difference is the remote is not letting me select or move up and down through the options.

how did you reinstall the firmware and boot files? using "apply update from EXT"?

anyone know how to get around the remote issue?

thank you

nevermind, luckily I had also bought the KR-300 remote. As long as you have the remote on a level table you can use the arrow buttons and enter button. As noted by the previous posted after reinstalling the July firmware and rebooting the OTA update worked.

Yes the remote control issue in recovery mode was solved in the 08/01 firmware release.

Luckly you had an external usb remote, so therefore were able to overcome the remote problem.

Same here, Just came home and my unit asked me to reboot. I rebooted and now I get

"null"

My remote works, but where to I find the firmware. I tried the firmware from the mygica.com website and it was just a zip file with a how to install firmware document. The links in the document takes you nowhere. I have the ATV380.

Please help.

I just did the same thing while upgrading and now i am stuck in recovery and my remote will not work in moving threw the choices. please help.

Plug in a USB keyboard and reboot into recovery or hold the upgrade button for 10 seconds to boot into recovery.

Navigate with the USB keyboard.

Hello all pls help i have the same issue . I tried to download thw file from the link but failed can somebody send a new link od the files to uae in recovery mode? A reaponse is appreciated

Thanks

Mark

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

hey guys i had problem with mygica atv1800e

somehow i got the black recovery scren with no help restarting becuse they return me on same place

then i watch this video and do it step by step

I got 2-3 new sd card with fresh update below

*update_MyGica_ATV1900AC_5.1_noNetflixHD_20160706.img*

but does not recognize me any sd card and i can t update nothing or start my : atv1800E

i get this message and no help with all of my sd cards (i change it 3 of them) and with my fresh update on that cards

Card Is there but Is not recognize and i got the same message :(no such file or directory)

should i download some other file to update and get it work.....

"null"

Please help me.... my email is konstantin.josipovic1@gmail.com

if you had some time to explain me what to do.....thx