Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aleksradulovic

Problems with Skype on ATV1800 and Android 5.1

Today I upgraded my MyGica ATV1800 to Android 5.1, installed the current version of Skype from Play Store, and tried to make a video call using a Logitech C920 webcam. I get a picture and can hear the person at the other end, but they cannot hear me. I thought there might be an issue with the new Android version, but when I tried to record myself with the webcam using the Camera app, I was able to record myself with sound and vision. Has anyone experienced similar problems with Skype or have an idea what might be wrong? In the worst case, It possible to downgrade back to Android 4.4?

1 hour ago, aleksradulovic said:

Today I upgraded my MyGica ATV1800 to Android 5.1, installed the current version of Skype from Play Store, and tried to make a video call using a Logitech C920 webcam. I get a picture and can hear the person at the other end, but they cannot hear me. I thought there might be an issue with the new Android version, but when I tried to record myself with the webcam using the Camera app, I was able to record myself with sound and vision. Has anyone experienced similar problems with Skype or have an idea what might be wrong? In the worst case, It possible to downgrade back to Android 4.4?

Have you checked all of the settings inside Skype to make sure you selected the Mic to be used from your webcam?

Also, did you allow the Microphone to be used in App Permissions of the Skype App?

Android 5+ requires permission settings now for each individual app, with the Microphone being one of them

You can find the Skype app's permissions by going to Manage Apps and looked under the Downloaded apps section.

Yes, I have looked....although there is nothing really of relevance that I can change within the Skype App settings and the permissions should have been granted when I confirmed the permission pop-up in Play Store before downloading the app, so I cannot really find a setting which is obviously wrong.

Dear Justin. Ironically Skype and the Logitech C920 webcam worked on 4.4 (although Logitech stated a minimum requirement of Android 5.1).  What would be the procedure for downgrading back down to 4.4 and please can you attach the files I should use.

2 hours ago, aleksradulovic said:

Dear Justin. Ironically Skype and the Logitech C920 webcam worked on 4.4 (although Logitech stated a minimum requirement of Android 5.1).  What would be the procedure for downgrading back down to 4.4 and please can you attach the files I should use.

You can revert back using these files