Jump to content
LVE27

Help with 582

Recommended Posts

Help with 582

I purchased the ATV582 about a year ago and with a 10meg line being a bit slow I didn't think any further. I now have a 100meg fibre line and still have problems with buffering and just general slow performance. 

Can someone help check settings or advise on what to do or try. One day it is good the next it is terrible and always have to clear the cache.

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LVE27 said:

Help with 582

I purchased the ATV582 about a year ago and with a 10meg line being a bit slow I didn't think any further. I now have a 100meg fibre line and still have problems with buffering and just general slow performance. 

Can someone help check settings or advise on what to do or try. One day it is good the next it is terrible and always have to clear the cache.

Thanks in advance

Which apps are you using that are giving you buffering?

 

Have you tried doing a speed test on the box by downloading a speed test app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speed test is quite good normally around 80meg as it is on LAN cable. Terrarium TV is an issue and even on DSTV Now Live Stream on a Samsung S7 is perfect but every 10-15 seconds it buffers for a split second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LVE27 said:

Speed test is quite good normally around 80meg as it is on LAN cable. Terrarium TV is an issue and even on DSTV Now Live Stream on a Samsung S7 is perfect but every 10-15 seconds it buffers for a split second.

You have the same issues when using Wifi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LVE27 said:

I have not tried that just thought the cable connection would be better.

Yes usually Ethernet/LAN is better then Wifi

I was just asking to see if any different on Wifi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great support......not, looks like I should flog the Mygica rubbish and get something that works. It is definately an issue with tbe box and not internet. I have to clear the cache and close all apps in advanced task killer just to stream a 100mb show.

Won't be recommending Mygica to anyone in future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello LVE27, if I may ask, do the specs of the APP in question being met by the box? Like for example you cannot watch 1080p tv programing on a 720p tv...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

Hello LVE27, if I may ask, do the specs of the APP in question being met by the box? Like for example you cannot watch 1080p tv programing on a 720p tv...

Hi http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/consumer/tv-av/tv/hd/PS51D450A2XXA/

That is the tv being used with the ATV582 on a 100mbps fibre line using 2.4GHz and getting speeds of 50 plus with LAN cable. I use TerarriumTV amongst other apps. Whilst streaming  any programme I can choose anything from a HQ to 1080p/HD link and it will buffer or not even play at all. The links range in size from 100mb to over 1gig but even the small ones buffer. I clear the cache close all apps with task killer and then it seems to be better for an hour or two then it slows down again. In my opinion it seems to be memory related. Like an old laptop that just slows down but the thing is, I have hardly used the box and it did that from the very beginning. I thought it was my slower internet speed until I got fibre but with speed tests I have negated that. So is there a way to use an external memory of sorts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LVE27 said:

Hi http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/consumer/tv-av/tv/hd/PS51D450A2XXA/

That is the tv being used with the ATV582 on a 100mbps fibre line using 2.4GHz and getting speeds of 50 plus with LAN cable. I use TerarriumTV amongst other apps. Whilst streaming  any programme I can choose anything from a HQ to 1080p/HD link and it will buffer or not even play at all. The links range in size from 100mb to over 1gig but even the small ones buffer. I clear the cache close all apps with task killer and then it seems to be better for an hour or two then it slows down again. In my opinion it seems to be memory related. Like an old laptop that just slows down but the thing is, I have hardly used the box and it did that from the very beginning. I thought it was my slower internet speed until I got fibre but with speed tests I have negated that. So is there a way to use an external memory of sorts? 

The app you mention, is it the only one giving you issues?

Have you tried You Tube, Crackle, Tubi TV for example?
If so, do any of those give you the same issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...