Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

albyf

VERY slow wifi connection

VERY slow wifi connection

Hello, I've just bought a new MyGica ATV1800e with android 4.4.2 kitkat, from an eBay seller,  and I'm testing and configuring it. There is a very big problem. The wifi internet connection on the ATV1800 is very slow. It doesn't depend on my internet network: all my other devices work good with a speed of 5Mbps , always connected to the same wifi network. Tried a factory reset for the ATV1800e but it does the same. And the same for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz frequency.
My internet router is a TP-Link TD-W8980.
If I connect the ATV1800e with tethering to my android phone, the speed is better but equally lower (near the half) compared to the other devices.
Tested wit a Ookla speed test:
Wifi network: MyGica: 0,4 Mbps (I can't use it!); Other devices: 5Mbps
4g tethering: MyGica: 28,96 Mbps; Other devices: 56Mbps

I hope you know which is the problem

Thank you

3 hours ago, meagain said:

All I can say is you bought an outdated box. Sorry for your loss. If you can send it back I would do so.

No, I know it's not the last model...I did it because the new ones haven't the composite video output and I need to use it also with a CRT tv.

I've also an ATV1200 and it still works great. But I would like to have a more performing one.

21 minutes ago, albyf said:

No, I know it's not the last model...I did it because the new ones haven't the composite video output and I need to use it also with a CRT tv.

I've also an ATV1200 and it still works great. But I would like to have a more performing one.

The new ones do have composite video, just not the physical port

They use an AV Conversion cable that plugs into the back of the box, it is about the size of an AUX port.