Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geestoj

wv_7.1_20171221 - Useless Update

Hi,

Since updating my MyGica to the "ATV495X_wv_7.1_20171221" release,it has officially become unusable. It freezes when going into apps, it freezes on the homescreen, upon restart the language changes to chinese, the operation is excessively clippy and the overall experience is just poor.

I'm really not impressed as this has hampered my ability to even use the thing.

Regards

Gregory 

On 3/14/2018 at 7:21 AM, Geestoj said:

Hi,

Since updating my MyGica to the "ATV495X_wv_7.1_20171221" release,it has officially become unusable. It freezes when going into apps, it freezes on the homescreen, upon restart the language changes to chinese, the operation is excessively clippy and the overall experience is just poor.

I'm really not impressed as this has hampered my ability to even use the thing.

Regards

Gregory 

We have a few test boxes here that run without issues

Are you able to factory reset and try again?

Hi Justin,

I have attempted a factory restore and re-updating it. The issues are still there.

This unit is pretty much unusable. It is a really tedious update process and the factory reset did nothing.

My cousin is also experiencing similar issues after update.

Regards

Gregory

On 3/19/2018 at 8:39 AM, Geestoj said:

Hi Justin,

I have attempted a factory restore and re-updating it. The issues are still there.

This unit is pretty much unusable. It is a really tedious update process and the factory reset did nothing.

My cousin is also experiencing similar issues after update.

Regards

Gregory

Are you using this on a 495X or 495 PRO HDR?

It seems like this is an ongoing issue. I should have read the forums before updating ☹️. My box appears to be bricked as well, did the exact same thing as OP.  I hope it can be replaced even if it is barely out of warranty. 

1 hour ago, bosto said:

It seems like this is an ongoing issue. I should have read the forums before updating ☹️. My box appears to be bricked as well, did the exact same thing as OP.  I hope it can be replaced even if it is barely out of warranty. 

Same thing as OP
Who are you referencing?

Hi Justin,

I got ATV495x yesterday with Android 6 and updated to 7.1.2 the same day.

The Netflix app on the 7 image is pretty useless as you can only scroll sideways. I have uninstalled that and installed from here http://www.syntech.co.za/Downloads/Mygica/netflix-4.16-200147-release.apk which I think reverted to the one from the 6 or 5 image?

I also get the Android status bar at the top displayed in YouTube which is rather annoying. Kodi and Netflix seem fine though.

I tried to load the 6 image (from Downloads under 495x) purely because of the status bar, but in recovery mode after verifying the image it says it cannot be loaded. Is there no way to revert back to 6?

Is there an Android TV firmware for these boxes as I find that the scrolling is a big pain? Only Kodi works really well with regular remote. I also would like the 495x to control the volume of the amplifier via HDMI-CEC, is that even possible?

Android 7 is okay. I think the only app working great is Kodi. Netflix app is a big disappointment. I also experience some freezes when scrolling where I have to click out and re-launch it. May be the OP referred to that?

Thanks,

Sergei

5 hours ago, Sergei said:

Hi Justin,

I got ATV495x yesterday with Android 6 and updated to 7.1.2 the same day.

The Netflix app on the 7 image is pretty useless as you can only scroll sideways. I have uninstalled that and installed from here http://www.syntech.co.za/Downloads/Mygica/netflix-4.16-200147-release.apk which I think reverted to the one from the 6 or 5 image?

I also get the Android status bar at the top displayed in YouTube which is rather annoying. Kodi and Netflix seem fine though.

I tried to load the 6 image (from Downloads under 495x) purely because of the status bar, but in recovery mode after verifying the image it says it cannot be loaded. Is there no way to revert back to 6?

Is there an Android TV firmware for these boxes as I find that the scrolling is a big pain? Only Kodi works really well with regular remote. I also would like the 495x to control the volume of the amplifier via HDMI-CEC, is that even possible?

Android 7 is okay. I think the only app working great is Kodi. Netflix app is a big disappointment. I also experience some freezes when scrolling where I have to click out and re-launch it. May be the OP referred to that?

Thanks,

Sergei

We will be updating the Android 7.1 FW soon
It should be an OTA Server update directly to your box.

In regards to Netflix, it is best to use a Mouse or Air Mouse remote, as the Netflix app being used is made for Tablets/Phones
We have no way of getting the Android TV Version to work, because they need to certify the device in order to work for that version, and their requirements are very very high to do this.

If you go into apps, Droid Settings, you will see all the settings for HDMI CEC.
Please note you need to make sure you're using an HDMI Cable which supports CEC.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

We will be updating the Android 7.1 FW soon
It should be an OTA Server update directly to your box.

In regards to Netflix, it is best to use a Mouse or Air Mouse remote, as the Netflix app being used is made for Tablets/Phones
We have no way of getting the Android TV Version to work, because they need to certify the device in order to work for that version, and their requirements are very very high to do this.

If you go into apps, Droid Settings, you will see all the settings for HDMI CEC.
Please note you need to make sure you're using an HDMI Cable which supports CEC.

Thanks Justin.

HDMI CEC works as it switches my amplifier off when I power it down, but the volume control changes the media volume level of Android OS and not sending CEC command to the amplifier, like my Roku 3 does for example. I think this HDMI CEC more for MyGica responding to CEC commands from TV, etc. Would be nice to be able to configure that, but not a train smash.

Pity you cannot run Android TV. I guess no Chromecast support then? Any other 3rd party apps you know of that may be able to accept casting from YouTube (I can share to Kodi, but it's not what I'm after)?

I also see that the Home button on the IR remote no longer works.

22 hours ago, Sergei said:

Thanks Justin.

HDMI CEC works as it switches my amplifier off when I power it down, but the volume control changes the media volume level of Android OS and not sending CEC command to the amplifier, like my Roku 3 does for example. I think this HDMI CEC more for MyGica responding to CEC commands from TV, etc. Would be nice to be able to configure that, but not a train smash.

Pity you cannot run Android TV. I guess no Chromecast support then? Any other 3rd party apps you know of that may be able to accept casting from YouTube (I can share to Kodi, but it's not what I'm after)?

I also see that the Home button on the IR remote no longer works.

I will have to try this on an Amp to see why it doesn't do what you describe.

Chromecast needs to be certified by Google, and I have only seen it on Official Android TV Devices
We have an official Android TV device coming out soon, the 495 MAX.  It will have built in Chromecast.

One of the better casting receiver apps that I have seen is AIRPIN PRO, it is about $5 in the Playstore. But it is worth it.