Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laila

Cannot save new DNS info

Cannot save new DNS info

Hi, I’m trying to US Netflix and I’ve opened an account with Smartdnsproxy and got new DNS codes. I’ve found the place to input it (under WiFi, Modify Network, Advanced settings, DCHP static) but the ‘save’ button always stays gray. I even tried inputting the DNS on the router but it doesn’t help. Still can’t access US Netflix. 

Hello Laila,

When you entered this into the router, what happened? Did you lose internet connectivity completely, or did everything work except Netflix?

I will mention that Netflix has some clever ways of detecting these types of proxy's. Even if it works now, it likely won;t for long. Any company who guarantees their service, can't.

Hello. Thanks for responding. No I didn’t lose the rest of my internet connection. I just couldn’t get the US Netflix. 

37 minutes ago, Laila said:

Hello. Thanks for responding. No I didn’t lose the rest of my internet connection. I just couldn’t get the US Netflix. 

I did a bit of reading on this service through some forums that gave a lot of feedback. Some people reported it working well, and lots of others are constantly reporting that it isnt working or is constantly down while they try to fix it. 

Accessing Netflix USA used to be very simple. Netflix started cracking down on this (likely due to pressure from the copyright holders) over a year ago. I even tried using different services to skate around the geo-restrictions and one by one, they would get shut down.

While I certainly don;t want to say to not use this type of service, I don;t think you are ever going to get the results you are looking for. Nobody can truly guarantee this type of service, in part due to Netflix's endless resources to fight this compared to the small companies trying to allow access.

Going back to the issue of getting this service to work, if you put in the correct dns info into your router, than if their service works, it would work like that. Obviously you would likely prefer to have the DNS changes done locally onto your box, so that not every device in your home is trying to use those dns's locations.  Since you tested the connectivity on the router, you should have your answer if it will work or not.

Can you try netflix on any other devices just to check to see if it is a localized issue on the device and not other devices such as phones or computers?