Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rene'

GICA 1900ac black screen

GICA 1900ac black screen

Last night I turned on my box but unfortunately it won't go through after Lollipop screen , its just turning on lollipop screen then will turn off the screen, again and again so I decided

to reset it to factory by press and hold the reset button at the back, but after that it's just a black screen and won't turned on, I tried to reset it by downloading the factory driver but

nothing happened, insert the sd card press hold the reset button then power it up, still black screen, pls help

hope to hear from you soon.

thanks

I'd purchased this box from a Chinese retailer store here in Toronto, Canada, a few years ago, what's the matter with my box, is it dead?

12 hours ago, rene' said:

I'd purchased this box from a Chinese retailer store here in Toronto, Canada, a few years ago, what's the matter with my box, is it dead?

It seems that the unit is likely bricked, unfortunately. If it keeps restarting and and then stayed red, it seems there was a hardware issue that got worse.

I know it may not seem like much, but if you bring it to our shop, we can have a quick look at it to see whats up and to confirm if it is bricked. If it is, we would be happy to give you a $25 discount towards another box.

hi, today when I plug in the box the front light stayed green, before it stayed red, what do u think? can it still work? pls let me know, thanks and may I hear from u soon.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:37 PM, rene' said:

hi, today when I plug in the box the front light stayed green, before it stayed red, what do u think? can it still work? pls let me know, thanks and may I hear from u soon.

is anything showing on the screen?

Would you be able to drop it off to us for a look?  ( just north of the pearson airport)

On 4/27/2018 at 8:59 AM, rene' said:

pls can u give me your address and your hours of business thanks

7331 Bramalea Road Unit #1
Mississauga, ON L5S 1C5

Hours:

Mon to Fri - 10AM to 7PM
Sat - 10AM to 4PM
Sun - Closed

For the lay person, what is meant by "bricking"? Is this a user error? Is it fatal? How can it be avoided?

My ATV 1900AC was working one day and became inoperable the next. I can't even get it to power on now. When the power was on, I got a blank screen.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:46 PM, tess said:

For the lay person, what is meant by "bricking"? Is this a user error? Is it fatal? How can it be avoided?

My ATV 1900AC was working one day and became inoperable the next. I can't even get it to power on now. When the power was on, I got a blank screen.

Brick can happen few ways, 

1. while updating firmware the light goes off and the firmware is prematurely updated. and no revival for it. 

2. power shock, gone through and killed the HDMI or damages parts of the box, 

3. the parts quit after long times of work. 

it can be a Personal error also.