Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulnotv

Stuck at MyGica Seeing is Believeing Screen

Stuck at MyGica Seeing is Believeing Screen

I purchased this unit two weeks ago and everything was running fine, then it crashed while watching a show ie. rebooted itself and only boots to the MyGica logo and Seeing is Believing (slightly after the animation is complete).

I have held the button down while starting to get the o/s startup menu. From here I have cleared the cache and restarted - nothing different. I have deleted all user data and restarted - nothing. Refreshed back to factory settings - nothing most of the time. I have had the unit unplugged for long periods of time and retried - nothing. I also loaded an image file from a different thread here and loaded that in - nothing.

At one point, it did restart. It promptly downloaded a ROM update MyGicaS905V1.30 crashed and we were back to the logo again.

I would reflash it, if that would help but do not have a microsim or know where I would write one.

Let me know what I can do, or this thing will have to be returned.

Regards,

Paul

loadsthisupdate.jpg

stopshere.jpg

you can use a USB drive to upgrade to Android 7

the file is here: 

if you have other data on your USB drive create a folder for example I called mine "android7"

then unzip the above file into the new directory, hold the power button down while inserting the power supply to the unit and then insert the USB flash drive after you have the system menu on screen

you will have to navigate the location menu to point to the new directory you created on the USB, hint look for the ext folder 

That failed also. Then when I rebooted the machine got further then when it got stuck before and updated through 12 items.

I went to the settings to confirm that the upgrade had failed and went to the MyGica apps icon and it loaded the animation and halted at the MyGica Seeing is Believing screen again...

details.jpg

failure.jpg

When I tried again to install the software image from March last year, it fails, but again things start to reset and I was able to get into system info.

I followed the instructions above to master reset from the settings. The device restarted, the android man appeared (where he never had before) then it next went back to the MyGica screen again were it is stuck.

At this point all I can suggest is trying to upgrade the firmware with the file from Jan 31, 2017.

If you have a valid receipt for the box within a year of purchase it can be repaired or replaced by MyGica 

They may have a better idea as well, I am like the janitor on here but I do try to help.

13 hours ago, paulnotv said:

Unfortunately update_MyGica_ATV495X_WV_6.0_20171114_V2.0.img failed also.

The FW you just tried is not for your box
That is why it failed

May I know when and where you bought the box?
Also, can you let me know the model # of the box

You can find this on a labelled sticker on the bottom of the unit.

I think you're using an ATV 495 PRO or ATV 1900 PRO

I purchased this at Canada Computers and Electronics on Yonge Street in Toronto, three weeks ago.

I posted a picture of the box above.  On the base of the device it says

Android 5.1 TV Box

ATV495Pro

The Serial Number is MG495P17014669

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Please follow the link below and follow the instructions carefully. This should have you up and running in no time. 

If you need more help let us know. If you have trouble with this, we can fix this for free either by bringing it to our shop in Mississauga or by sending it in.

Thanks again. I can see the link that was attached to the message. Is my browser playing up now> eek!

This forum doesn't work well on firefox. I see it on ie. Thanks

Ok. I downloaded the file. I was able to boot the device and get through to settings (all other times I applied it via the bios screen accessed by holding the button while restarting).

Despite hitting control multiple times the local file did not come up. I then copied the file to the root of the usb stick I was using and it appeared (this should be noted in the instructions - file must be in root).

The device rebooted, android man came on and then unfortunately an error as per attached.

I tried to apply again, not joy.

The device is now consistently for the past couple start ups been getting past the screen where it was freezing (although no update happened).  I'll see if it stays stable - last time it crashed again.

patch.jpg

18 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi Paul,

Please follow the link below and follow the instructions carefully. This should have you up and running in no time. 

If you need more help let us know. If you have trouble with this, we can fix this for free either by bringing it to our shop in Mississauga or by sending it in.

Now that you are stuck in this screen, you will need to restore the device by using an SD card. Place all the unzipped files into the root of the device without any other files.

With the files on the card. hold the power button while plugging in the power to the back and keep holding the power for ten seconds. It should take over from here.

If you are willing to drop by our Mississauga office, we can do this for you quickly. Private message me if you are thinking of doing that. 

Success.

The key (which wasn't made as clear as it could have been previously) was that all files must be on the root of the device.

ie. I formatted the usb and extracted all the files to root. Previously I had been installing from a subfolder or just copying one image file to root.

It did not install the first time when I booted and held the power button (signature failed), however from the plain text start up menu I selected to install from usb and it proceeded.

It has now done the rom upgrade to 1.30 and I am hopeful that we have clear sailing from here...

Thanks for your assistance.