Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retiredranger

HDMI sound is just noise

HDMI sound is just noise

Connect with HDMI and picture is great but sound is just noise.  Connect with composite and have sound, but picture is poor.   Anyone else have this problem?  Solution?

11 hours ago, retiredranger said:

HDMI sound is just noise

Connect with HDMI and picture is great but sound is just noise.  Connect with composite and have sound, but picture is poor.   Anyone else have this problem?  Solution?

When you say just noise

Do you mean it is not passing through the Audio from what you're trying to capture?
It is just distorted sound?

The audio passes through to the TV, but playing (on PC ) the USB flash drive made from the device ,  the sound is loud and fast clicking,  similar to what I'm reminded of hearing in old-fashioned reels, before and after the picture starts.

4 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

Have you tried going into the android audio settings in the device and checking the different types of audio output? There should be 3 types. Try each one.

Do you mean the HD Cap X device?  How do I get into  android audio settings in it to check the different types of audio output?

2 minutes ago, retiredranger said:

Do you mean the HD Cap X device?  How do I get into  android audio settings in it to check the different types of audio output?

I am a dummy and had several tabs open at once. I didnt see that this was for CAP-x. I thought it was for an android box. 

1 minute ago, MyGica Support said:

I am a dummy and had several tabs open at once. I didnt see that this was for CAP-x. I thought it was for an android box. 

You are no dummy...especially compared to me.  Is there a solution for sound issue with the HD Cap X device?  It plays sound and video through TV with no problem. But when I capture the sound and video to USB flash drive and play to PC,  the sound is loud and clicking.

25 minutes ago, retiredranger said:

You are no dummy...especially compared to me.  Is there a solution for sound issue with the HD Cap X device?  It plays sound and video through TV with no problem. But when I capture the sound and video to USB flash drive and play to PC,  the sound is loud and clicking.

Which program are you using to playback files on your pc? A lot of players dont have all the codecs to play every file type.

Can you try playing this file on VLC to see if it is working properly?

1 hour ago, MyGica Support said:

Which program are you using to playback files on your pc? A lot of players dont have all the codecs to play every file type.

Can you try playing this file on VLC to see if it is working properly?

VLC has same distorted sound

16 hours ago, retiredranger said:

VLC has same distorted sound

Before moving on to try and go through a warranty, can you try switching out the hdmi cables involved to make sure it isn't relating to them?

1 hour ago, MyGica Support said:

Before moving on to try and go through a warranty, can you try switching out the hdmi cables involved to make sure it isn't relating to them?

Different HDMI cable didn't fix sound issue. 

You'd  mentioned earlier that  codec  (I don't know what that means) could affect sound. Recently, I converted my old family video tapes  to DVD (using Magnavox HDD recorder), and then by using HandBrake, converted the DVDs to files to put on USB flash drives to send to family.  HandBrake seems to have codec  (and other sound) options. I experimented  with a few settings--as I said, I don't understand them. Trying the result with "Movie & TV" and "Windows Media Player" I didn't have the distorted sound...they had no sound at all.  VLC still had distorted sound.  

Before starting a warranty issue, are there settings on HandBrake (or similar program) that might be the one to clean up the distorted sound?

Thank you!

I have been using The HD CAP-X, and it depends on your PC if the Graphics and Sound card and you have installed decodes the proper codecs and play sound properly. 

I have no issue and I do video editing with it.  

I would suggest you find a good video converter so you could process it and make sure you select your sound to be 128bit and not higher since it seems you have audio problems.

please update us.

On 4/4/2018 at 8:51 AM, bindaredondat said:

I have been using The HD CAP-X, and it depends on your PC if the Graphics and Sound card and you have installed decodes the proper codecs and play sound properly. 

I have no issue and I do video editing with it.  

I would suggest you find a good video converter so you could process it and make sure you select your sound to be 128bit and not higher since it seems you have audio problems.

please update us.

I've tried VLC and Movavi, set at 128 bit.  With no success. 

There are lots of audio options, but  I'm clueless as to what they are.  I've experimented with a minute of captured video/sound on the various options.  Some remove the sound altogether and others still have the clicking loud noise.  There must be some interference between HDMI source to HDMI capture , as there isn't even a hint of the appropriate sound.  And yet pass through to TV has good sound.

The composite cables work fine other than the picture quality is poor.  Is there  a way  to capture the HDMI picture with the composite sound?

12 hours ago, retiredranger said:

I've tried VLC and Movavi, set at 128 bit.  With no success. 

There are lots of audio options, but  I'm clueless as to what they are.  I've experimented with a minute of captured video/sound on the various options.  Some remove the sound altogether and others still have the clicking loud noise.  There must be some interference between HDMI source to HDMI capture , as there isn't even a hint of the appropriate sound.  And yet pass through to TV has good sound.

The composite cables work fine other than the picture quality is poor.  Is there  a way  to capture the HDMI picture with the composite sound?

RCA connections are analog, if your pc can read it.

tell me what processor and sound card and video you are using?

20 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

RCA connections are analog, if your pc can read it.

tell me what processor and sound card and video you are using?

Intel Core i7-8550U CPU 1.80 GHZ 1.99 GHZ

RealTek Audio

CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver

Intel Display Audio

1 hour ago, retiredranger said:

Intel Core i7-8550U CPU 1.80 GHZ 1.99 GHZ

RealTek Audio

CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver

Intel Display Audio

If you are running Windows 10  then you need "codecs for windows 10"  free ones and then test again. 

I thought the 8550U was laptop CPU, I could be wrong, cause you wrote 1.80 GHz to 1.99 GHz. I usually have seen them at 3.1GHz, PC CPU 8705G. 

again you need to get proper codecs to make things work. 

It is not the CAPX issue here rather it is PC issue you need to figure out speak to some good PC geeks. 

Yes, it is a laptop.  And continuing to experiment I discovered the problem lay with my Yamaha receiver that the signal comes from.  I experimented with its audio/HDMI settings.  HDMI Control was set to ON. When I set it to OFF, I had options for HDMI OUT (TV)  to be set for ON...and success!  Thank you for your assistance.  You gave me the confidence to keep experimenting outside the PC issues.