Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Lucas

Remove eShare

Remove eShare

Hi there - any help appreciated

Just bought and upgraded to Android 7.1.   I tried rooting the device however then it wouldn't boot up.   

How do I remove the eshare app?    It is using too much memory and I don't use.   or inversely how do I root 7.1 correctly?   The instructions are fairly sparse.    Recommendations for root apps?

Thanks!

Ben

23 hours ago, Ben Lucas said:

Remove eShare

Hi there - any help appreciated

Just bought and upgraded to Android 7.1.   I tried rooting the device however then it wouldn't boot up.   

How do I remove the eshare app?    It is using too much memory and I don't use.   or inversely how do I root 7.1 correctly?   The instructions are fairly sparse.    Recommendations for root apps?

Thanks!

Ben

This patch will root your device

You can install it using the Upgrade app, and a USB Drive or SD Card
If it doesn't appear right away, then press the 3 lined menu button on your remote 10+ times
The file will appear

update_patch_root_20170603.img

thanks Justin.  i had tried this.  do i need to install  an app to afterwards?  when i did this before my device froze on startup.  i had installed kingoroot.

thanks

1 minute ago, Ben Lucas said:

Seems to have intalled correctly, but I still cannot uninstall the app.  Have tried a number of apps to do this...

Can't just disable it?

It is a System app, and not a downloaded app

Also have you tried using Developer Access?

1 minute ago, Ben Lucas said:

Won't allow me to disable most of the system apps including eshare.  I have developer access turned on.  Any particular option I should activate?

I am not actually very familiar with Root/Developer Access tbh...
I was only giving a suggestion.

Super User doesn't work either?

On 3/26/2018 at 3:11 PM, Ben Lucas said:

Ok I think I found the problem.  Kingoroot is now good and still occoping the rom.  Even after flashing.  I'll investigate and update

Ok keep me updated