Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nathanvdm

DSTV NOW APP

DSTV NOW APP

HI there

I have just purchased the device and the DSTV now app is not supported.  

the APP opens up but as soon as i want to play the tv or anything, it says the video is not supported.

the device is not certified it says.

the reason i bought this device is because it says DSTV Now works on it.

what do i do or is there anything i can do to get the DSTV NOW app to work?

On 01/04/2018 at 3:21 PM, medicnick83 said:

Hi bud, get the older version of the DSTV app and it will work. That is what I did. :)

Hi there

I have the exact same story/problem as Nathan. I just want to know but how do I download the older version, is there something specific that I have to type in, in order to get the older version?

Hi

If you go to the Mygica.co.za website. Select the download option at the top you will find that they have their own Dstv Now app that you can download which does work. 

On 4/23/2018 at 7:23 AM, Gert said:

Hi

If you go to the Mygica.co.za website. Select the download option at the top you will find that they have their own Dstv Now app that you can download which does work. 

No bud, there is no DSTV Now app download, only Netflix and something else - It's probably been removed.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:49 AM, medicnick83 said:

No bud, there is no DSTV Now app download, only Netflix and something else - It's probably been removed.

Hi

There was a work-around that was based off an older version of the DSTV Now APK, however, Multichoice has archived and discontinued all pre-2018 versions of the application, thus the work-around no longer works.
When the application is installed on a device that is no longer supported, it will give all various errors; from false root error responses, loss of internet connection, to resulting in a failure to connect to servers / services.
At the moment the only MyGica device that is on the ‘supported list’ is the MyGica ATV495Max.

regards