Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

albyf

Mygica ATV1960: CVBS A/V output and rooting

Hello, in the ATV1800 discussions, I posted some weeks ago that I had problems with that model and the wifi connection, so I shipped it back to the seller for a refund, as suggested from Justin.

Now I'm looking around for another model.

I'm wondering on ATV1960 but I've a specific need: CVBS output and screen settings.

I explain better: I need it to be compatible with a big old CRT TV.

Is the CVBS available on this model?

Other thing: I could be strange but I love the CRT color/contrast etc.  against the new HD TVs.  At the moment I use an ATV1200 and it's very good with my big SONY Trinitron CRT, but it has some limits due to hardware/software speed. So I would like to have a more performer device. I tried some time ago to update the ATV1200 to Android 4.2 but it lost the possibility to change each screen dimension, so I went back to 4.1.2. because the simple -+ to down/up to modify the screen dimension of Mygica didn't fit exactly the CRT screen. I need to modify each side of the screen, as on the ATV1200 with Android 4.1.2

I saw that in the 1800 was the same. I don't know in the 1960.

Anyway, there is an android app, called Screen Shift that could fix that problem, but it needs the device to be rooted.

The 1800 wasn't rooted, as the 1960 too, I suppose: isn't it? (The 1200 was rooted natively and I think this thing was really better): is there a way to solve the problem?

I see Mygica says that the new devices aren't rooted because there are a lot of apps that don't work in rooted devices, but it's the contrary, in my opinion. I would prefere EVERY Android device to be rooted natively

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, albyf said:

Hello, in the ATV1800 discussions, I posted some weeks ago that I had problems with that model and the wifi connection, so I shipped it back to the seller for a refund, as suggested from Justin.

I'm wondering on ATV1960 but I've a specific need: CVBS output and screen settings.

Other thing: I could be strange but I love the CRT color/contrast etc.  against the new HD TVs.  At the moment I use an ATV1200 and it's very good with my big SONY Trinitron CRT, but it has some limits due to hardware/software speed. So I would like to have a more performer device. I tried some time ago to update the ATV1200 to Android 4.2 but it lost the possibility to change each screen dimension, so I went back to 4.1.2. because the simple -+ to down/up to modify the screen dimension of Mygica didn't fit exactly the CRT screen. I need to modify each side of the screen, as on the ATV1200 with Android 4.1.2

Anyway, there is an android app, called Screen Shift that could fix that problem, but it needs the device to be rooted.

The 1800 wasn't rooted, as the 1960 too, I suppose: isn't it? (The 1200 was rooted natively and I think this thing was really better): is there a way to solve the problem?

I see Mygica says that the new devices aren't rooted because there are a lot of apps that don't work in rooted devices, but it's the contrary, in my opinion.

I've got several Android devices and I rooted them all: never found problems with an app that doesn't wont to install because the device is rooted. While several apps doesn't work in a not rooted device.

I would prefere EVERY Android device to be rooted natively

Thank you!

On 3/29/2018 at 12:35 PM, albyf said:

I see Mygica says that the new devices aren't rooted because there are a lot of apps that don't work in rooted devices, but it's the contrary, in my opinion. I would prefere EVERY Android device to be rooted natively

Thank you!

The 1960 does support CVBS, using an AUX Conversion cable to RCA/CVBS

However I cannot guarantee how well it will work on CVBS
A lot of Android apps on Android 6+, no longer supports the 480i resolution that is outputted on CVBS

Also, all of our devices that now come un-rooted, can easily be rooted with a Simple Root Patch.  Most of the models have this patch available in our downloads section.