Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV 1800 -Google Lollipop OS

Hi Justin,

I have read the ATV 1800e is compatible with the new Google TV OS running on Android L.

What will we gain from adopting the Android L OS? Is this the same OS as the Google Nexus Android box?

Are there any new features to look forward to and what are the highlights if you are allowed to reveal?

Thanks

Hi Justin,

I have read the ATV 1800e is compatible with the new Google TV OS running on Android L.

What will we gain from adopting the Android L OS? Is this the same OS as the Google Nexus Android box?

Are there any new features to look forward to and what are the highlights if you are allowed to reveal?

Thanks

It will be similar OS to what you see on the Google Nexus box.

What you will gain is built in Chromecast, and better apps which are optimized for TV use, replacing a lot of the current apps which we are using which are only built for mobile and tablet use.

This new OS from Android, will now finally be recognized by more of the big app developer's to develop app's now for TV use instead of just mobile and tablet use

I have bought an ATV582 and I am very happy with it. It's super fast, but I would like to know if you guys are planning to release any firmware that includes Android Lollipop 5.0 for the ATV582

I have bought an ATV582 and I am very happy with it. It's super fast, but I would like to know if you guys are planning to release any firmware that includes Android Lollipop 5.0 for the ATV582

Yes we do, should be available by the end of the month

Just to be certain can we roll back to KitKat if Android L doesn't work for our needs?

Thanks

Yes you will be able to Roll Back

Any news on Lolliop for the 1800.?

I have stated on other threads, I will post up ATV 1900AC Lollipop FW in the downloads section

You can use this on the 1800/380/582

If that's the case Justin, why did the ATV 1900AC FW break my ethernet? Will there be Lollopop FW specific for the 1800 and if so, when?

The issue was that version of the 1900FW gave everyone Ethernet issues.

I have tried the newer version and Ethernet works.

Just to make sure, I went through the whole process again. My 1800E now is running the ATV1900 fw and again the ethernet is broken. I can only connect thru WIFI.

THe 1800 fw I started with was 20150721

Manually updated to 1900 FW 20150924

Took OTA 1 update to 20151027

Took OTA 2 update to 20151028

No ETHERNET

power cycled the box and did a factory date reset

No ETHERNET

When I go into settings, the option for THERNET isn't even there. Just Wifi and Bluetooth...

The whole process when extremely smooth and I received no error messages anywhere.

So while you can put the 1900fw on the 1800, it doesn't appear to be working 100%

I took screen shots of About Device along the way if you need them

Just to make sure, I went through the whole process again. My 1800E now is running the ATV1900 fw and again the ethernet is broken. I can only connect thru WIFI.

THe 1800 fw I started with was 20150721

Manually updated to 1900 FW 20150924

Took OTA 1 update to 20151027

Took OTA 2 update to 20151028

No ETHERNET

power cycled the box and did a factory date reset

No ETHERNET

When I go into settings, the option for THERNET isn't even there. Just Wifi and Bluetooth...

The whole process when extremely smooth and I received no error messages anywhere.

So while you can put the 1900fw on the 1800, it doesn't appear to be working 100%

I took screen shots of About Device along the way if you need them

Under applications there is an app called "Settings" It is Black and White

If you click on this, there is an ethernet option.

You must be accessing the "Native Android Settings" which does not have Ethernet in it.

From there you can turn Ethernet ON

Good to know about the "Native Android Settings" not having Ethernet but I have turned ETHERNET ON in the other menu and it still will not connect.

Ethernet Device is ON

Internet Connection - Not connected

The green ethernet light is on, so I know it still has a physical connection.

I also rebooted my router to see if it would get an IP but no luck.

Just wondering if this is a hardware issue as I have one of the older ATV 1800E ?

Good to know about the "Native Android Settings" not having Ethernet but I have turned ETHERNET ON in the other menu and it still will not connect.

Ethernet Device is ON

Internet Connection - Not connected

The green ethernet light is on, so I know it still has a physical connection.

I also rebooted my router to see if it would get an IP but no luck.

Just wondering if this is a hardware issue as I have one of the older ATV 1800E ?

I am trying this on a few more devices here myself

Will have to get back with you. As there is something I might have done differently.

Sorry just be patient with me on this

Ok

I can confirm Ethernet does not work on 1800/582 when using 1900 FW but the Wifi does work.

Would make sense since the 1900 uses a different Ethernet Driver

Sorry it was my mistake since the 1800 I was using had Android 5.0.2 FW that was made for it, didn't realize it till I checked the Firmware version that was on the box.

I am searching my computer for this FW to post up here for download instead of everyone using 1900FW.

Still don't see any file in the Beta Firmware section yet Justin and it's 2 days later...

And where is the OTA for the 1800 that was supposed to be mid week?

OTA Update for 582/1800 is scheduled for around Nov 18th

1900 was last week

586 was this week

I am waiting on new Files to be sent to me for all of the OTA updates, because the ones they are sending down for OTA are different Version dates then the ones that I have.

So if I post up these for manual download, you will still get message to take OTA update.

I should have by tomorrow if they are working on Saturday, or by Monday.

Once I have everything I will post up all manual firmware files for 1900+1800/582+585+586

As I said before, you can use 1900 FW on 1800/582, just ethernet wont work.

This is good news, cant wait for the OTA update.

Just one question, will this allow the 1800e to use voice search. and if so where can i get a remote like the one used for the 1900 box, with the voice button?

Where is the 1900 FW that you continue to refer to????

I, and it seems several others, can't locate it. It isn't in the 1900 forums, or the 1800 forums.

This is starting to get tedious, try filing it in Downloads That is where most would expect to see it!