Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retiredranger

Date shows inaccurate month-day-year

Date shows inaccurate month-day-year

I capture to USB flash drive then open on PC.  File is dated  incorrectly.  For instance, today, 4-6-18 , shows 10-24-22 date.   All my other PC files show accurate date, so this must be a capture device error.  Is there a solution to correct date, short of manually doing it on the PC.  I ask, because I'm having other issues with capture device and wonder if there is a  fix.

Sorry  for the late reply.  I've just taken over this section. Please follow the steps to change the date.

1. build a new text. file in your SD card, name it as "default_setting.txt" 

2.open the text.file,input time information as following format,in order, year,month,day,hour,minute and second.

/:2015

/:09 

/:12 

/:15 

/:06 

/:00 then, save it. 

3. Plug SD card into HD Cap X and power on.

23 hours ago, retiredranger said:

I don't see an SD card slot in my HD Capture Box.  I use USB Flash Drives.  

Please download this file into your USB Flash Drives, then power on,  the red light will blink.  Please check your problem until the red light stops blinking. And please modify the numbers in this file, the order is year,month,day,hour,minute and second.

https://mega.nz/#!i7gkQRaa!K3GgDZNSd6MVpNpmuW5kV-9k80XMKqaVjOIKlnuKlAU

13 hours ago, retiredranger said:

Thank you, that does work, but will it permanently fix the problem or will the date/time have to be  re-entered each time?

Happy to help. It is not permanent, there is a battery inside the HD Cap X. If the battery runs out of power,  it will not remember the date.  You just need to repeat the previous steps again.