Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bosto

ATV495 PRO Not Responding

I just tried to install the firmware update 032417 from March 2017 (20170324) and the box does not respond at all. I unzipped the file onto a formatted USB, followed the instructions on the site (hold down reset/power button while plugging in power and holding for 15 seconds). The box now does not respond at all. I tried changing HDMI cables and also changing TVs but nothing works. The orange power light is on but nothing shows up on the screen.

Please help!

On 5/5/2018 at 7:42 PM, bosto said:

I just tried to install the firmware update 032417 from March 2017 (20170324) and the box does not respond at all. I unzipped the file onto a formatted USB, followed the instructions on the site (hold down reset/power button while plugging in power and holding for 15 seconds). The box now does not respond at all. I tried changing HDMI cables and also changing TVs but nothing works. The orange power light is on but nothing shows up on the screen.

Please help!

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. It seems that the box may be bricked. 

Was nothing showing on the screen before you tried the update?

Did you purchase this in the last year? It may still be covered under warranty. Head over to mygica.tv/help and start a ticket. If it is out of warranty, we try to keep any service fees low.

Yes, there was nothing on the screen before I tried the update. I shut down the unit using the option on the screen, followed the instructions but then it just never turned on again.

Im sorry, but " there was nothing on the screen before I tried the update. I shut down the unit using the option on the screen". So, there was something on the screen before you tried the update?

I apologize. I should have said that it was working fine before the update i.e. the unit worked as per normal before the update. When I was ready to apply the update, I turned off the unit using the remote and removed the power cable. I then inserted the update on a formatted MicroSD card and while the unit powered up with an orange light, there was no response from the TV. Tried different TVs and different cables with no response.

(Sorry, should have proofread first!)

Just another question, since the box never had the ability to fully shut down, does this mean that the box needs to be plugged in all the time in order to prevent issues from removing the power from it?