Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYCBAR

32 bit vs. 64 bit

32 bit vs. 64 bit

As both my 1800e's have died recently and deemed to be bricks, I purchased a 495Pro from a local seller hoping for simple plug and play.  To my surprise, this box has very choppy video, lags behind compared to the clear and crisp video of my 1800's.  The dealer has been telling my it is my internet (17.3 Mbps down / 5.71 Mbps up) but there is no issue in playing the same videos off of my laptop. 

I think that it has the 32 bit version on the box and I was wondering why a 64 bit box would not have kodi-17.6-Krypton-arm64-v8a.apk installed?

Thanks for any adivice as said dealer has not been very supportive nor helpful.

PS.  the box has every app under the sun installed and I have been slowly and selectively removing them.

If you have the HDR Pro you can update to Android 7.1 - also it great that you have fast internet, however streaming is limited by the source, not your ISP. 

as for the 64 bit Kodi I am not the person to ask, thanks...

Thanks for the response and I will look at updating to 7.1 soon.  Fast internet and a debrid service have been wonderful until they both died and this box (probably the programmer) have left me feeling a MyGica low but I will figure it out with the help of ours from this forum.

16 hours ago, RYCBAR said:

Thanks for the response and I will look at updating to 7.1 soon.  Fast internet and a debrid service have been wonderful until they both died and this box (probably the programmer) have left me feeling a MyGica low but I will figure it out with the help of ours from this forum.

Please come back and let us know how it goes.

6 hours ago, ATV 1900 Pro said:

Does the android 7.1 firmware upgrade work on the 1900pro since the 495 and 1900pro have the same fiirmware

The ATV1900Pro and 495/495Pro are S905 Chipsets, and this file is created for ATV495Pro HDR which has S905X chipset so that is not compatible and you will brick your box if you update. 

On 5/6/2018 at 8:14 PM, RYCBAR said:

On 5/6/2018 at 9:06 AM, RYCBAR said:

32 bit vs. 64 bit

As both my 1800e's have died recently and deemed to be bricks, I purchased a 495Pro from a local seller hoping for simple plug and play.  To my surprise, this box has very choppy video, lags behind compared to the clear and crisp video of my 1800's.  The dealer has been telling my it is my internet (17.3 Mbps down / 5.71 Mbps up) but there is no issue in playing the same videos off of my laptop. 

I think that it has the 32 bit version on the box and I was wondering why a 64 bit box would not have kodi-17.6-Krypton-arm64-v8a.apk installed?

Thanks for any adivice as said dealer has not been very supportive nor helpful.

PS.  the box has every app under the sun installed and I have been slowly and selectively removing them.

This Box is 64bit box, but the Firmware is 32bit firmware.  so no 64bit app can run on this.