Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markymarkis

HFS formatted drives dont work

HFS formatted drives dont work

Hi,

I just upgraded from an ATV1900AC and my usb drives are formatted for Mac hfs+.

they are not recognised on my new ATV1960, but work perfectly in my older ATV1900AC

is there an update? (its running 6.0.1)

when I try to do a manual update over the network it says connect fail.

We are aware of the issue now with HFS+ Driver error, on Android OS 6.X, it seems we are missing the drivers from the OS. 

we will send this to our developers to make sure it would work, as I know our support was AFP, NTFS, and exFAT. 

I do not know the ETA how long it would take for them to fix and create new Firmware for us. 

but for now, you can convert your Drive to NTFS it would read it faster then 1900AC.

Hi Marky,

Currently, rooted access is required to enable us to be able to install the drivers needed for this. As the 1960 hasn't fully hit the north american market, we have not created this access.

This would explain why you were able to on the 1900ac device. Those came rooted. Since then we have stopped rooting our units out of the box, due to application restrictions when you are rooted.

For now, the easiest solution would be to convert your drives to NTFS. There is apparently a way to do this without removing your data from the drive beforehand. I'll admit though, I am a windows guy. I am not sure how to get this done on a MAC.