Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrPhil

YouTube status bar issue.

Howzit guys! Hopefully you can aid with some assistance. 

When watching YouTube (one downloaded from mygica market), the status bar with the time and that incredibly annoying eshare server icon never disappears. Any other streaming app has zero issues and I can enjoy them full screen. BUT YOUTUBE!! 

How do I fix this? Or do I need to download a different version of YouTube? 

YouTube from the Google Play Store has no issues with this, but that version is barely usable. 

what you are asking for is not part of the app but it is part of the firmware. We have indicated this to our developers to remove it for future firmware updates. but for now no eta.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:23 PM, DrPhil said:

Howzit guys! Hopefully you can aid with some assistance. 

When watching YouTube (one downloaded from mygica market), the status bar with the time and that incredibly annoying eshare server icon never disappears. Any other streaming app has zero issues and I can enjoy them full screen. BUT YOUTUBE!! 

How do I fix this? Or do I need to download a different version of YouTube? 

YouTube from the Google Play Store has no issues with this, but that version is barely usable. 

I just found a workaround. Go and download the youtube app from the google play store app market. It will install a second youtube (will be found in your applications). This version will require you to use the air mouse feature to navigate, rather than being able to use the directional pad. While this is slightly different than what you're used to, it will be full screen when you watch a video.

Thank you very much.

I have however found a solution to the problem. 

I downloaded the "YouTube smart TV" app from the mygica market and it works exactly the way I want it to, and bonus is there are no adverts so far. 

On 5/24/2018 at 11:20 PM, MyGica Support said:

I just found a workaround. Go and download the youtube app from the google play store app market. It will install a second youtube (will be found in your applications). This version will require you to use the air mouse feature to navigate, rather than being able to use the directional pad. While this is slightly different than what you're used to, it will be full screen when you watch a video.

Hi,

Thanks for this. There's a difference between the YouTube TV app and the YouTube app. As mentioned, the latter does use the whole screen (not sure if this is immersive mode).

The problem with the normal app (not the TV one) is that you cannot control it from your phone.

I don't suppose you have any ETA on the ATV1960 firmware update?

Kind Regards

Nick