Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandraD

Additional storage

Additional storage

I inserted SATA hard drive in the slot at the back of the device, how do I set it up on the program? have the 1900 Pro.

HI there,

Please tell me what it is you are trying to do with the storage. If you are trying to merge it into normal storage, this feature doesn't exist on android 5.1. 

If you are just trying to use it as a normal storage drive, you will want ot plug it into a pc first, and format it. Once it is usable on your computer, it is usable on the box.

Hi 

I bought a new one, so doubt formatting is necessary? I plugged it in and under "storage"on the program it picks it up but I want to set it so that all downloads, apps  etc saves on there and not the internal memory. I just can't find that setting

alternatively, will it save there automatically once the internal storage is full? 

Unfortunately, you cant do this on android 5.1. It can only be used as a storage device for files, not apps. That being said, we are currently working on android 7 for this system. This will have that feature, so stay tuned for updates.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:12 PM, MyGica Support said:

Unfortunately, you cant do this on android 5.1. It can only be used as a storage device for files, not apps. That being said, we are currently working on android 7 for this system. This will have that feature, so stay tuned for updates.

Is that the beta version mentioned in some other thread? Where can I get that?

I have version 7.1 but can not find how to store apps on my external drive on my 495 pro hdr.

Can you explain how to do this?

Thanks

Hi I have version 7.1 and would like to store my apps on my usb so I have more hard drive space.

Can you explain how I can do this in my atv 495 pro hdr?

If it requires Kodi please be clear since I opened Kodi and saw no where to do this.

Thanks