Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary Williams

No Remote control

No Remote control

I have a two year old 1900AC that as of last night will not respond to any of my remote devices.  (MyGica remote, keyboard or mouse)  It will turn on and off with the remote however.
I downloaded the Factory files and installed them this morning but the last step requires me to "Click the Next button to Continue".  With no remote action I am notable to do that.
Rebooting just brings me to the same screen.
Is there another way to get past this? 
The update version is ... update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150321.img

1 hour ago, Gary Williams said:

No Remote control

I have a two year old 1900AC that as of last night will not respond to any of my remote devices.  (MyGica remote, keyboard or mouse)  It will turn on and off with the remote however.
I downloaded the Factory files and installed them this morning but the last step requires me to "Click the Next button to Continue".  With no remote action I am notable to do that.
Rebooting just brings me to the same screen.
Is there another way to get past this? 
The update version is ... update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150321.img

It sounds like the USB ports on your 1900AC have stopped working.
With the box being 2 years old, it is out of warranty.

You can submit an RMA a ticket here 
http://mygica.tv/help to see what they can do for you.

Or you can just purchase a MyGica IR Remote, the KR60 will work for your box.

1 hour ago, Gary Williams said:

Thanks for that information and advice ...  Does the IR remote bypass the USB ports?  IE is it built into the base unit?

Yes, Infrared is using the same sensor that your current remote uses to turn the power on and off. Since you mentioned that the power works, but not the buttons that are being used through the usb dongle, the IR remote will work easily. 

Additionally, you can use an app remote for more functionality, but it will require controlling the box in order to install.

http://www.cetusplay.com/

Hi Deon,

unfortunately, the remote needs the dongle for communication. 

Some alternative ways to control are using a mouse or keyboard from a computer. 

Mid you hook one of these up, and navigate to the play store, try downloading “cetusplay”. It’s an app that allows full navigation and typing on your phone or other mobile devices like a tablet. 

Hopefully this helps. 

We also sell remotes. If you’re in North America, and depending on your remote, we may also have replacement dongles that can be paired. Head to mygica.tv/help and request one. They will require a small fee and shipping.