Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-Spayre

Device is not certified by Google

Hi,

Picked up a new ATV1960 as soon as I click on the Play Store, I get "Device is not certified by Google".

Android version: 7.1.2

Any way around this?

Thanks

23 hours ago, D-Spayre said:

Hi,

Picked up a new ATV1960 as soon as I click on the Play Store, I get "Device is not certified by Google".

Android version: 7.1.2

Any way around this?

Thanks

If you factory reset the box it should work after this

Iam  having same. Issue. I did factory rest twice but still it's giving me  " device is not certified by Google" .  Bought it brand new today very disappointed. 

I also have this issue with no fixability in sight.

7.1.2 /Gica 7.1 V1.0 fresh off the shelf at BB Canada.

Do we have a proper direction, fix, etc.?

Or should it just be returned with a review?

Don’t want to be an ass, but suffered the 1800E bloopers for 3 yrs., will not repeat :(

Iam planning to return this product.

Not able to use Google Play store

Once turn off(shutdown) not able turn on

Pressing power button on remote

No reset switch found at the back of the unit as mentioned in manual

Counterfeit  Android operating system

Mouse cursor very iradic , cannot controlled well

Also on the box they mention it comes with hard drive cable but it won't come with it.

I Contact Mygica technical support engineer but won't get any help from 

Him at last he mentioned go to Bestbuy

And ask them or  return the product . This product is not cheap i spend $220  . it's only $30 cheaper than Nvidia Shield tv  much better choice.

I got it working by retrieving the Google Services Framework Android ID (Device ID.apk) & doing device registration with Google.

However, I’m in hour 3 of owning the 1960 & will be returning to BB in next hour. Then picking up the NVIDIA Shield TV.

It was on my list until I looked to see what MyGica was doing. It looked good in theory. Maybe 2022 will bring things that actually work in the wild

2 hours ago, Lidy said:

I got it working by retrieving the Google Services Framework Android ID (Device ID.apk) & doing device registration with Google.

However, I’m in hour 3 of owning the 1960 & will be returning to BB in next hour. Then picking up the NVIDIA Shield TV.

It was on my list until I looked to see what MyGica was doing. It looked good in theory. Maybe 2022 will bring things that actually work in the wild

I am sorry to hear about your experience. 

We worked hard on the North American release of this Android 7.X  device.

As I understand it, the coders are working on this particular bug. 

Since Android is open source, you may find apps in lots of locations on the web, try searching "app depository" on Google,

Thanks!

I absolutely agree. The 1960 is a great piece of hardware. It even took my 1TB SSD no issues (as USB )

Google Store & all things Google worked after registering ROM.

However, I returned to BB & picked up the shield at local shop. There will be a lot of open box returns without info to fix or OTA update at BB.

I just think your Chefs need more sleep before cooking ROMs or the TL needs to go 😊

Will keep an eye on this 1, but scared off for now. I had to re cook 3x 1800e’s to have stable 5.1, more money than time these days.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:40 PM, D-Spayre said:

Did another factory reset and still doing the same thing. 

I’ve one doing the same thing, the talk was that this is the one to get but it is turning out to be garbage. Going to return it to B.B. for a refund. I had a 585 before and i installed the update and never worked again tried everything they said to try but couldn’t get it to turn on.

HI everyone,

The google play store bug has been fixed and we are doing testing on the firmware. We will be releasing an automatic update to this system to fix this issue within the next week.

We are also aware of a few other bugs that are being worked on including the shortcut buttons acting improperly with the kr-301 remote. 

Feel free to note anything else you notice and we will have them addressed right away.

Quick update, 

we tested the patch, and while it fixed the google issue, there were a couple of other bugs we saw as well. We have received an updated version this morning and are testing it out.

If all goes well, you should see an automatic update after a reboot tomorrow sometime. 

Sorry for the delay guys, but "Great news everyone", the update went live this morning. 

Please power down the unit, then back on. You should be propted with the update.

Here are the patch notes:

Patch Notes;
Fixed a problem where you could not log into the Google Play Store
Fixed various remote issues
The device now runs cooler when a HDD is installed internally
Fixed a bug that stopped the unit from powering back on after using the remote to power it off.
Now you can change the custom name for the device under “about” in settings.
If you find any other bugs, feel free to let us know over at www.mygicasupport.com. We value your feedback and strive to support our devices as best we can.

Hello,

I have a MyGica ATV329 box. I am in South Africa and was promised that all apps would work. But i get an error message that the device is not certified by Google Play store. How do I factory reset the box?

I have checked the manual for the ATV329 and it states that the apps may be downloaded using the Google Play Store. Why would this be if the device is not certified by Google?

Hi there, 

mate you not able to download anything from the play store at all? This shouldn’t be happening if that’s the case. Any device can download apps on uncertified boxes through google play. 

Let me know any more info and I’ll follow up on it. 

Good day 

I'm also in South Africa and bought this MyGica device and found all was well, until i tried watching dstv now it states that my device is not Google certified, i have started using my Kodi app, but with my previous device all went well   i thought of an upgrade on device but with this device it kicks me off Kodi for no reason... It started to become really slow , i watch Netflix sometimes  but then everyday i have to reboot my device before watching Netflix... Could u please assist me, coz I'm freaking out!!!! 

On 8/4/2019 at 4:24 PM, Jean-Peré Diedericks said:

Good day 

I'm also in South Africa and bought this MyGica device and found all was well, until i tried watching dstv now it states that my device is not Google certified, i have started using my Kodi app, but with my previous device all went well   i thought of an upgrade on device but with this device it kicks me off Kodi for no reason... It started to become really slow , i watch Netflix sometimes  but then everyday i have to reboot my device before watching Netflix... Could u please assist me, coz I'm freaking out!!!! 

I am in South Africa too. The factory android 6 would not use dstv now . I updated my firmware to 7.1.2 and DStv now and showmax work fine.. with no buffering 

On 8/9/2018 at 3:58 PM, MyGica Support said:

HI everyone,

The google play store bug has been fixed and we are doing testing on the firmware. We will be releasing an automatic update to this system to fix this issue within the next week.

We are also aware of a few other bugs that are being worked on including the shortcut buttons acting improperly with the kr-301 remote. 

Feel free to note anything else you notice and we will have them addressed right away.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:45 AM, fbman said:

I am in South Africa too. The factory android 6 would not use dstv now . I updated my firmware to 7.1.2 and DStv now and showmax work fine.. with no buffering 

On 8/29/2018 at 9:11 AM, MyGica Support said:

Sorry for the delay guys, but "Great news everyone", the update went live this morning. 

Please power down the unit, then back on. You should be propted with the update.

Here are the patch notes:

Patch Notes;
Fixed a problem where you could not log into the Google Play Store
Fixed various remote issues
The device now runs cooler when a HDD is installed internally
Fixed a bug that stopped the unit from powering back on after using the remote to power it off.
Now you can change the custom name for the device under “about” in settings.
If you find any other bugs, feel free to let us know over at www.mygicasupport.com. We value your feedback and strive to support our devices as best we can.

Xciptv app blocked me sayingbox is not registered

Ok so I got my 1960 today in South Africa, read that it has got amdroid 7 on well big no no, still running vertion 6, first disappointment, secondly, the dice is not Google certified, I can open and download from the playstore but when I want to watch other programs for TV shows I'm beeing stopped and told the device is not certified, that's not cool at all, have tried a few things to rectify the problem with no luck.