Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriGecko

Problems with ATV1200 playback

Hi, in the last month I purchased an ATV1200 device because is the only one with component video output that is compatible with my old CRT TV.

Unfortunately I had to do a downgrade to android 4.1, because the 4.2 version as far as I know, no longer supports the component video out.

Now the device is running with the latest 4.1.2 firmware and XBMC Gotham 13.2 (STVMX_05022014_Android_Revert from XDA-developers).

Now the troubles: with certain video files (almost all in truth, more or less) I'm experiencing a very annoying frame skipping, not all the time, but 1 or two every 5 or 10 seconds. The audio is always syncronized and go well, but video is not smooth even if I use another video player like MXPlayer or Wondershare. The only better is Rockplayer, however not perfect. Videolan player plays smooth like butter, but hardware decoding does not work, so with HD videos there's seriuos stuttering.

I tried also MX Linux (pure linux) from XDA-Developers (and an HDMI capable TV) with same results.

Is my device faulty? Or there's some software issue?

Thx

This sounds very much like what is happening with our model as well. ATV1200. However, I do think it is something in the settings. My damn cat stepped on our new nifty keyboard wireless remote (I will in the middle of watching what WAS a perfectly functioning, smooth video). Anyway, he stepped on some buttons, and I looked at the screen and on the top right, I saw "Processing" and then boom! whatever happened has made this stuttering start happening. Audio is perfect, but like OP said, every 5-10 seconds frames skip/stutters.

I have no idea what was done that "processed" we did go through box settings and defaulted settings that we thought might be the issues. But it hasn't fixed it.

i would suggest to remove the battery from remote, then with fingers press all buttons side to side or up to down and down to upward then place the battery and try using it again, it seems you have one of the button stuck!...

another way reboot the box after that