Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tippsately

Remote Issues

Remote Issues

We just purchased a 1960 and I can't seem to set up the device because the remote is not responsive.  I tried unplugging the power already.

I've just returned a 1900 Pro because the remote would not turn the unit on or off. I replaced it for a ATV 1960 and have had a similar experience. Now, without the physical on button on the face of the ATV 1960 unit, I have to unplug and plug in the unit to get it to turn on. Multiple attempts of pairing the remote have failed. Once the unit is on, the remote works fine every time. But it will not turn the unit on - which is pretty annoying for a ceiling mounted unit and projector.

Suggestions?

2 hours ago, lauriermba said:

I've just returned a 1900 Pro because the remote would not turn the unit on or off. I replaced it for a ATV 1960 and have had a similar experience. Now, without the physical on button on the face of the ATV 1960 unit, I have to unplug and plug in the unit to get it to turn on. Multiple attempts of pairing the remote have failed. Once the unit is on, the remote works fine every time. But it will not turn the unit on - which is pretty annoying for a ceiling mounted unit and projector.

Suggestions?

Is there a clear line of site to the unit? The remote control turns the unit on and off by IR and the rest functions through the USB dongle.

Here is my dilemma, you have the same problem with 2 different units so it would seem very odd for it to be the functioning of the remote control, are you are a distance from the unit, in other words if you approach to within 10 feet does the remote power on and off the unit?