Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franki-D

Cant play netflix latest version

Can anyone assist, bought the Mygica495 max today and installed Netflix, but it does not want to open. Gives error message that the current version of netflix is not compatible with the device, any solutions? Netflix version 5.3.1 build 2192

20 hours ago, Franki-D said:

Can anyone assist, bought the Mygica495 max today and installed Netflix, but it does not want to open. Gives error message that the current version of netflix is not compatible with the device, any solutions? Netflix version 5.3.1 build 2192

May I know where you bought it from?

The Android TV Netflix app only works for Android TV devices certified by Netflix directly. So this is why you're getting this message. 

We have applied for this certification to Netflix, but have been told they want us to sell a very large # of units in order to get certified. So we're still in negotiations. 

All Android TV boxes that are certified by Google, also need to go through a separate certification from Netflix which has nothing to do with Google. 

And as I already mentioned, Netflix's requirements are very very high. 

Even the new Channel Master Android TV box doesn't have Netflix working. 

Thanks i will try the alternative, i did buy the unit from a store called incredible connection in south africa, they should have warned me in the first place, thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, Franki-D said:

Thanks i will try the alternative, i did buy the unit from a store called incredible connection in south africa, they should have warned me in the first place, thanks for your help.

The main distributor in South Africa states it won't work on their home page
https://www.mygica.co.za/

But I do agree, the seller should have warned you as well

On 7/19/2018 at 7:58 PM, Justin said:

The main distributor in South Africa states it won't work on their home page
https://www.mygica.co.za/

But I do agree, the seller should have warned you as well

I bought mine from digital experience and the sales me assured me that Netflix worked on it as that was the reason I was purchasing this device. 😡

On 11/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, Smish said:

I bought mine from digital experience and the sales me assured me that Netflix worked on it as that was the reason I was purchasing this device. 😡

Smish,

what isn’t working with Netflix? It should be working and we always have a solution. 

Is the Mygica ATV495  MAX still not netflix certified as yet? Its been a while and the work around provided has many issues like the  video and sound being out of sync being the biggest.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:46 AM, Salie said:

Is the Mygica ATV495  MAX still not netflix certified as yet? Its been a while and the work around provided has many issues like the  video and sound being out of sync being the biggest.

Unfortunately not yet. Something several companies are still working on as well. 

I can't connect to Netflix  (through) my gica. It either does nothing when I click on sign in or it tells me my password and username is incorrect... which it is not. Netflix says it's a gica problem. Can anyone please assist 

Purchase mygica 495 Max today. Followed the work around download solution on their website. Downloaded and installed the app. Doesn't work, and I followed their instructions to the letter. 

On 5/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Lans said:

I can't connect to Netflix  (through) my gica. It either does nothing when I click on sign in or it tells me my password and username is incorrect... which it is not. Netflix says it's a gica problem. Can anyone please assist 

I had a similar problem. When I downloaded the file off their website and installed it on the device the app appears. It allows me to sign in but Netflix doesn't work properly. It behaves like it's too slow. Maybe the file they provide off their website is corrupted. I know it's not another problem because the Netflix app on my LG TV works fine. 

On 5/19/2019 at 2:59 PM, Timberwolf said:

I had a similar problem. When I downloaded the file off their website and installed it on the device the app appears. It allows me to sign in but Netflix doesn't work properly. It behaves like it's too slow. Maybe the file they provide off their website is corrupted. I know it's not another problem because the Netflix app on my LG TV works fine. 

It being too slow might be because that version of Netflix requires you to use a mouse, as it was designed for Phones/Tablets

If you use an Air Mouse remote or a USB Computer mouse, the app should work fine

Hi

Yesterday morning my Mygica 1920 worked 100% with Netflix, later the same day the error message shown:

"You device is not compatible"  I've uninstalled Netflix and reinstalled it but the same message was given.

Please help - what should I do.

I had to actually return Mygica 495Max device. I have 2 different devices and they work like a charm but this device refuses to play Netflix, if you watching all of a sudden the picture is stuck and the audio just keeps playing. Showmax if you click on a movie it will buffer into oblivion and the DSTV Now App is also faulty. You cannot access live TV. It's crazy how many issues there are guys. You cannot say it's my internet connection because I am using another device and everything works amazing. Due to this I sent the device back to the supplier and I don't want to exchange it, it would rather get my money back. Sorry but maybe you guys should have had better Beta Testers and fixed the bugs before release.