Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwventer

Webcam support for Skyping on ATV329X

Hi, 

Has anybody tried using Skype on the ATV329X using a webcam. I want to buy a nice (not to expensive) HD webcam but I get conflicting information on which ones will work. Can anybody recommend some for me?

Also,  do you think the ATV329X  will work well for skyping or should I rather buy the ATV495 Max? 

Thanks

10 hours ago, dwventer said:

Hi, 

Has anybody tried using Skype on the ATV329X using a webcam. I want to buy a nice (not to expensive) HD webcam but I get conflicting information on which ones will work. Can anybody recommend some for me?

Also,  do you think the ATV329X  will work well for skyping or should I rather buy the ATV495 Max? 

Thanks

We have only tested Logitech cameras on the 329X
I'll have to get back with you next week though on which models, because my co worker who knows this information is on holidays

The 495 Max doesn't support webcams, since it is Android TV
Google took away webcam support in Android TV OS.

Hi Justin,

I'm hoping your co-worker is back from holiday. Any luck on providing me with the list of Logitech cameras that will work on the 329X?

Thanks

7 hours ago, dwventer said:

Hi Justin,

I'm hoping your co-worker is back from holiday. Any luck on providing me with the list of Logitech cameras that will work on the 329X?

Thanks

Hi,

I have tested the c310, c200 and the c170 and they all work. Others will likely work as well, but I have tested these myself.

OK, I bought the Logitech C310 and plugged it into my 329X box. When I start a Skype call the light on the webcam goes on and a picture of me appears on the screen for about 3 seconds and then the light goes out and the picture changes to green. When I start the camera app (one of the default installed apps) I do not see anything and then when I select video I get a notification that something went wrong message.

Now the strange thing is that I have just replaced my 329X box due to a remote malfunction. The Skype worked fine on my previous faulty box, although the camera app gave the same result. 

Is there any way to update the USB OTG drivers of my android box or any settings that I can tweak to get the webcam to work?

9 hours ago, dwventer said:

OK, I bought the Logitech C310 and plugged it into my 329X box. When I start a Skype call the light on the webcam goes on and a picture of me appears on the screen for about 3 seconds and then the light goes out and the picture changes to green. When I start the camera app (one of the default installed apps) I do not see anything and then when I select video I get a notification that something went wrong message.

Now the strange thing is that I have just replaced my 329X box due to a remote malfunction. The Skype worked fine on my previous faulty box, although the camera app gave the same result. 

Is there any way to update the USB OTG drivers of my android box or any settings that I can tweak to get the webcam to work?

Thats very strange that this is happening.

I will create a report and check into this on that model.

Rudolph 

I connected my c270 Logitech Webcam to my Mygica atv329x, opened Skype and tested by calling my phone and a couple of other people. I could see them, but they couldn't see me. Any ideas? 

hello rudolph, i have the same problem with atv329x and logitech c270 on skype. i can use google duo for video calling perfectly. but have the same with that you have on skype. people can't see me. i am using android 6.0 firmware. please anybody can help us?

I think the issue here is Skype recently updated all of their apps earlier this year and made some major changes

Is there anything in the settings of the Skype app, to let you select a different camera?