Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akoolalien

No Sound at all 1900 Pro

No Sound at all 1900 Pro

Hi I had the box working but I needed to reprogram Kodi and since doing that the sound is not working at all on the box.

This box is less than a year old and is still running lollipop android 5 ... why isn't the latest or even something better than 5 being installed.

Can someone explain what I should do ... is the new firmware working stable?  help!

1 hour ago, akoolalien said:

No Sound at all 1900 Pro

Hi I had the box working but I needed to reprogram Kodi and since doing that the sound is not working at all on the box.

This box is less than a year old and is still running lollipop android 5 ... why isn't the latest or even something better than 5 being installed.

Can someone explain what I should do ... is the new firmware working stable?  help!

Install Kodi 16.1 until they release Android 7.1.2 for the box and everything will work fine.

7 hours ago, akoolalien said:

No Sound at all 1900 Pro

Kodi 17.4 also works well with no sounds issues just until they release the new firmware 

On 7/18/2018 at 3:59 PM, erndog said:

Kodi 17.4 also works well with no sounds issues just until they release the new firmware 

We have given the 7.1 Beta for the 1900P to about 6 users so far, plus we have another group testing it internally.

The test results have been good so far, it fixes the sound issues and has many other great features.
It is also 64 Bit Android OS, so you get to use the 64 Bit version of Kodi 17.6

We just fixed about 5 issues that we're found over the last week.
So we will be able to release this as a Public beta for everyone to try soon

It will be available for the 495 PRO as well, it will just be separate firmware.

I am having the same issue with the 1900 Pro: either garbled sound or no sound, mostly in Kodi.  My initial workaround was to reboot, go into another app (eg YouTube) to ensure sound had returned, then restart Kodi.  Lately there was no getting sound back in Kodi but it worked using VLC.  Now there is no sound even after a reboot.  I suspect a hardware failure, and of course it's beyond warranty, but given the amount of positive feedback on the beta update, I was hoping to try it.  In July and August 2018 there seemed to be the intention to do a public release but I see nothing on the site for the 1900 Pro beyond mid-2017.  I would be willing to beta-test, since I really have nothing to lose at this point.

The last time I had this problem, some months ago, I also downgraded Kodi to 17.1, but that does not seem to make a difference now (one of the reasons I suspect a hardware failure.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Not sure I understand completely about the "sound device" part (sound output is set to HDMI, although I've specified "SPDIF" as digital sound device; no changes there) but I have uninstalled Kodi 17.6, rebooted and ensured audio was back, then installed Kodi 17.4 .  Sound is still back, so so far, so good. Thanks, khosango.com.

I would still like a chance to try the upgrade mentioned above - it sounds awesome. It would be great to see it as a public beta: the 1900 Pro with 5.1.1 feels a little long in the tooth these days. 😊 A 64 bit OS would also be a big improvement.