Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erudmuc

Does ATV 1960 have an ATSC Tuner?

Hi 

I'm interested in an Android TV box with an ATSC tuner and I have a MyGica 2018 brochure and as seen below the ATV 1960 come with a ATSC tuner; but, the ATV 1960 shown on the Mygica website and sold at Bestbuy does not have the tuner.

Will there be another model of the ATV 1960 that will come with the ATSC Tuner?

Thanks

Rudy

ATV 1960 Tunner.JPG

1 hour ago, Erudmuc said:

Hi 

I'm interested in an Android TV box with an ATSC tuner and I have a MyGica 2018 brochure and as seen below the ATV 1960 come with a ATSC tuner; but, the ATV 1960 shown on the Mygica website and sold at Bestbuy does not have the tuner.

Will there be another model of the ATV 1960 that will come with the ATSC Tuner?

Thanks

Rudy

ATV 1960 Tunner.JPG

We were going to put an ATSC Tuner originally, but testing hasn't been good for it so far
On the bottom left of the brochure you will see *product details are subject to change

So we changed it and removed the tuner.
Right now we do not have an ATSC model planned.

Just to add to this
Our ATV 495 PRO HDR works with our A681 USB ATSC Tuner

I know it is not an embedded TV Tuner, but this solution does work well.

Also, the testing we did on ATV 1960 with an ATSC Tuner was the Dual Tuner
And the Dual Tuner was the issue, a single tuner would work fine.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the info. 

I prefer the embedded tuner.

You mentioned that a single tuner worked fine. Is there any chance that the single tuner we incorporated in the ATV 1960 ?

In the brochure there was also mention of the ATV 598 that as an embedded ATSC tuner.  This would be a good option for me but it is using the amlogic S905D  processor.  I would prefer the ATV 1960 with a single tuner since it is using the Amlogic S912 processor.

If there is no chance ATV 1960 with a single ATSC tuner coming to market  then I would go with the ATV 598.

Any idea when the ATV 598 will become available on the market?

Thanks

Rudy

On 7/31/2018 at 2:20 PM, Erudmuc said:

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the info. 

I prefer the embedded tuner.

You mentioned that a single tuner worked fine. Is there any chance that the single tuner we incorporated in the ATV 1960 ?

In the brochure there was also mention of the ATV 598 that as an embedded ATSC tuner.  This would be a good option for me but it is using the amlogic S905D  processor.  I would prefer the ATV 1960 with a single tuner since it is using the Amlogic S912 processor.

If there is no chance ATV 1960 with a single ATSC tuner coming to market  then I would go with the ATV 598.

Any idea when the ATV 598 will become available on the market?

Thanks

Rudy

Right now there are no plans to add a tuner to the 1960

I know our team in china submitted the ATV 598 for Google CTS testing about a month ago
And I believe it will use the S912 + Single ATSC Tuner, but am not 100% sure.  I will have to find out more details.

It will run Android TV OS, and for the Tuner + Live Channels plans are to use Google's Live TV Channels app.