Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eonakus

495x not reading SD Card

495x not reading SD Card

Hi!

I bought a micro SD card to install apps from apk's. However, the box does not read the sd card. It reads an external hdd just fine.

The card is formatted for FAT32. 

Please help. 

Hi there, sorry to hear you are having trouble. 

Have you gone into the file manager app to check to see if it is appearing at all?

Does this card work on another device?

If it appears, did you attempt to "merge" the card into the main memory?

Oh, I thought you were trying to install apk's onto this card, rather than loading apk's onto it to install on the internal memory.

I'll admit that I am a bit stumped, however, can you just use a usb stick to transfer the apk's?

...and I can't exactly return the card to the shop. Should the box simply pick it up and read from it, or is there something that needs to be done?

I've never heard of a device not reading the SD card. Do you have any others that you can test in the SD slot?

Just to clarify, are you trying to install apk's onto the sd card, and run them from there? This would require merging the SD card with the memory. It is always better to run apk's internally and store info on sd cards. 

Also, you can plug in a usb extention and add more usb's.

No,  I am copying the apks onto the sd card so I can install from there.  the reason why I BOUGHT a card is because I do not have one. So, unless this can be fixed I have a sd card thatis pretty much useless.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:09 PM, Eonakus said:

Can I take the box somehwere to be checked out?

Our office is located near the toronto pearson airport.

Head on over to mygica.tv/help and start a ticket. Mention that you would like to bring it in to have the sd card reader checked.

On 8/22/2018 at 9:16 PM, MyGica Support said:

Our office is located near the toronto pearson airport.

Head on over to mygica.tv/help and start a ticket. Mention that you would like to bring it in to have the sd card reader checked.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:52 AM, MyGica Support said:

I've never heard of a device not reading the SD card. Do you have any others that you can test in the SD slot?

Just to clarify, are you trying to install apk's onto the sd card, and run them from there? This would require merging the SD card with the memory. It is always better to run apk's internally and store info on sd cards. 

Also, you can plug in a usb extention and add more usb's.

OK I'm getting the same issue but I'm using the SD card to put videos on and it does not read the card, yet it works on my phone and laptop. also i have gone to the file manager and it does not pick up the card. Also the card is formatted at FAT32.