Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSC

Remote for MyGica 1900 Pro is not working

Remote for MyGica 1900 Pro is not working

I have bought MyGica 1900 pro about a year ago. It was working just fine till one day I unplugged the unit and plugged back in and the remote stop working. What I mean is that when I press any button, the middle red light blinks 4 times and nothing happens. So, I have gone on MyGica forums and followed some of the instructions. I have changed the batteries as recommended in the forum. I have also try to pair the remote with the unit and it does not work. For the most time, when I press pgup and volume up button, the light does not blink rapidly as it says in the instructions. It blinks 4 times and stops. Some times, I have to press reset button at the back of the unit several times and then I am able to sync the remote to the unit. It works for some time and then it does not work again. I have tried this several times this week. Could you please help me with this. 

I posted this earlier it may help..

My remote wasn't turning the 1900 pro on but would function normally when on.

Because I had programmed my Harmony remote to turn on the unit, I figured the remote to be the problem, in a way it was.

I had changed batteries and it still wouldn't turn on the unit

However I decided to google how to test the infrared function on a remote to see if it was working or not, I came up with this

https://www.techhive.com/article/2090126/use-your-smartphone-to-check-your-remote-control-batteries.html

There was a flicker of light showing in the camera when the orange button was pressed..... hmmmm.... was it just not strong enough to turn the unit on?

fresh batteries installed again, obviously the fresh batteries I had put in previously were not fresh so to speak.

The remote is once again turning on the unit.

Google to the rescue once again.

13 hours ago, tricky said:

I posted this earlier it may help..

My remote wasn't turning the 1900 pro on but would function normally when on.

Because I had programmed my Harmony remote to turn on the unit, I figured the remote to be the problem, in a way it was.

I had changed batteries and it still wouldn't turn on the unit

However I decided to google how to test the infrared function on a remote to see if it was working or not, I came up with this

https://www.techhive.com/article/2090126/use-your-smartphone-to-check-your-remote-control-batteries.html

There was a flicker of light showing in the camera when the orange button was pressed..... hmmmm.... was it just not strong enough to turn the unit on?

fresh batteries installed again, obviously the fresh batteries I had put in previously were not fresh so to speak.

The remote is once again turning on the unit.

Google to the rescue once again.

Hi Tricky,

Thanks for your post. So, I did what you have said and the signal is strong for both on/off button and also other buttons. So, it is definitely something else. 

I have the same problem .

Seems like the USB ports have stopped working !

Can not even try a re set to reload firmware because can not use the remote to toggle through options when in rest set mode .

On 8/13/2018 at 9:58 PM, iggy57 said:

I have the same problem .

Seems like the USB ports have stopped working !

Can not even try a re set to reload firmware because can not use the remote to toggle through options when in rest set mode .

This is an unrelated problem on an old forum post. 

Please make a bew post post or consider reaching out to our support team. 

If you make another post, please include more details if you can