Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riaan le roux

ATV 495 PRO Firmware upgrade OS 7.1.2

ATV 495 PRO Firmware upgrade OS 7.1.2

The ATV 495 pro model was the latest when i bought it,  other than the ATV 1960

i tried using the pro hdr firmware but to no avail, system says package is for "stvs9" and not "stvm9" 

The ATV495x was the cheaper model and i decided to buy the pro model that was recommended and more expensive !

now the cheaper models already run ver 6.0 and higher, even 7.1.2 but still no update for the pro model runnnig on the very old 5.1 ?????

pls when will the new upgrade be available to 7.1.2 or even 6.0 ?? 

i have read many forums of people requesting the latest firmware for this model to 7.1.2 and many people as was i told by the sellers that the product can

be updated to 6.0 like the ATV495x or higher but to no avail this seems to have been all over just a sales gimmick pls advice 

I eventually gave up with the 495pro as none of my issues were being addresses. As an example, Dolby Digital and DTS problems have been with us since the box was released (nearly two years) with promises that fixes would be coming. But they never did. 

Netflix scrolling issues - Still with us.

Then the box was deemed non certified by Google - So apps that i needed (DSTV Now) were no longer supported. One of the answers i got for this issue was that new boxes would be released. That just "irked" me (being nice for the forum) as i was now expected to buy a new myGica instead of having the one i spent money on fixed.

I bit the bullet and got an Apple TV - More expensive, granted. But i have never looked back.

Now my kids use the 495 on a standalone TV with a HDD plugged in for their movies. 

1 minute ago, Cathalb4 said:

Any news on this? Waiting Patiently... kinda..lol

1 minute ago, Cathalb4 said:

Any news on this? Waiting Patiently... kinda..lol

Hi, so many poeple all over many forums are waiting for this update pls can you find out what's the delay.. The cheaper models have the later firmware and some even older can update to 7.1+ we were told when we purchased this that mygiga are the leaders in this field and they are not like the competition that almost never provide support or updates... Pls can mygiga adress this problem... 

12 hours ago, riaan le roux said:

Hi, so many poeple all over many forums are waiting for this update pls can you find out what's the delay.. The cheaper models have the later firmware and some even older can update to 7.1+ we were told when we purchased this that mygiga are the leaders in this field and they are not like the competition that almost never provide support or updates... Pls can mygiga adress this problem... 

Hi there, 

Again I’m sorry for the delay. I’ll mention quickly though that due to the way the chipset manufacturer creates these chips, they don’t give us the tools to upgrade the os after a certain amount of time. It’s common in the mobile chipset market and many companies suffer from it. Larger companies use their purchasing power to bargain for more support or they simply have the resources to do it themselves. When it’s done on our own without the help and support, even with large companies, bugs are a big problem. 

Due to this growing issue, we have been developing not only an update for these systems for now, but a way for in the future to update newer boxes for a much longer period of time due to hiring the right talent who created a new way to do this. 

This is in part why such a long delay on this set of files. 

Please bare with us on this issue. While the wait can be frustrating, hopefully you can see that we are trying to provide support for our devices as much as possible for as long as possible. 

We will continue to communicate as well even when there isn’t new information. We know the importance of the community feedback and we use it in forming our new boxes and how to support our older ones too. 

Thanks for the patience, even if it’s getting a bit thin. 

Can you confirm to the users, that we trust the brand, that we will have an update soon? Android 7 or 6!

when approximately

Thanks. Sorry my english Is poor

I assure you all we will release a newer beta version of fw for this box. 

Others often comment that other systems already have it and these are cheaper boxes, “so why doesn’t mygica have it yet”?

these are different chipset models which are designed for use of newer android. The 495 chipset is not. We must customize it without the help from the chipset maker. 

This causes bugs and is the reason that any newer version of android may always be considered “beta” on these chipsets. 

Please be patient with us. If you are having a problem with your box due to a limitation of the OS, please mention so and I’ll help you solve the problem as it is almost always never related to the version of android. 

Thank you 

Good day, I registered to add my request for an ATV 495 Pro android update, and to offer a recent example that I was not able to watch the interactive movie "Bandersnatch" due to the Android version being lower than required (6.19 or later). I hope this might help to give some direct feedback on what we cannot do with the current config.

Thanks

The ATV 495 Pro is 3rd MyGica box and clearly the worst supported of the 3.  I just picked up an Amazon Firestick 4K and resolved all my issues with Netflix and Crave .  Kinda disappointed as I outfitted many family members with the 495 pro and now dealing with the limitations of 5.1 in 2019.

they promised us an update to android 6 or 7 at least, we kept waiting and today I think we will not get anything, we will gain by fatigue, but a disillusioned client is a big stone 😐

At this stage if anyone actually believes that they are doing anything at all to upgrade the FW to support a newer version of Android, I would venture to say it would be in futility. They keep saying they will, but the reality is that they are not all in the hope that you will eventually give up and buy another MyGica device that has the version you want.

The downside for them of course is that many of us ended up purchasing competitor devices that are better supported and with more recent versions of the OS. A nonsensical approach to take in my opinion, but they seem to think it is wise.