ATV 495 PRO Firmware upgrade OS 7.1.2

The ATV 495 pro model was the latest when i bought it,  other than the ATV 1960

i tried using the pro hdr firmware but to no avail, system says package is for "stvs9" and not "stvm9" 

The ATV495x was the cheaper model and i decided to buy the pro model that was recommended and more expensive !

now the cheaper models already run ver 6.0 and higher, even 7.1.2 but still no update for the pro model runnnig on the very old 5.1 ?????

pls when will the new upgrade be available to 7.1.2 or even 6.0 ?? 

i have read many forums of people requesting the latest firmware for this model to 7.1.2 and many people as was i told by the sellers that the product can

be updated to 6.0 like the ATV495x or higher but to no avail this seems to have been all over just a sales gimmick pls advice 

Edited by riaan le roux

MyGica never responds to anyone in a timely manner, I have questions unanswered from the beginning of August

I eventually gave up with the 495pro as none of my issues were being addresses. As an example, Dolby Digital and DTS problems have been with us since the box was released (nearly two years) with promises that fixes would be coming. But they never did. 

Netflix scrolling issues - Still with us.

Then the box was deemed non certified by Google - So apps that i needed (DSTV Now) were no longer supported. One of the answers i got for this issue was that new boxes would be released. That just "irked" me (being nice for the forum) as i was now expected to buy a new myGica instead of having the one i spent money on fixed.

I bit the bullet and got an Apple TV - More expensive, granted. But i have never looked back.

Now my kids use the 495 on a standalone TV with a HDD plugged in for their movies. 

On 10/16/2018 at 8:46 AM, MyGica Support said:

We are finishing up on some files. Hopefully end of this week we will have an update on this. 

1 minute ago, Cathalb4 said:

Any news on this? Waiting Patiently... kinda..lol

1 minute ago, Cathalb4 said:

Any news on this? Waiting Patiently... kinda..lol

Edited by Cathalb4

Hi, so many poeple all over many forums are waiting for this update pls can you find out what's the delay.. The cheaper models have the later firmware and some even older can update to 7.1+ we were told when we purchased this that mygiga are the leaders in this field and they are not like the competition that almost never provide support or updates... Pls can mygiga adress this problem... 

12 hours ago, riaan le roux said:

Hi, so many poeple all over many forums are waiting for this update pls can you find out what's the delay.. The cheaper models have the later firmware and some even older can update to 7.1+ we were told when we purchased this that mygiga are the leaders in this field and they are not like the competition that almost never provide support or updates... Pls can mygiga adress this problem... 

Hi there, 

Again I’m sorry for the delay. I’ll mention quickly though that due to the way the chipset manufacturer creates these chips, they don’t give us the tools to upgrade the os after a certain amount of time. It’s common in the mobile chipset market and many companies suffer from it. Larger companies use their purchasing power to bargain for more support or they simply have the resources to do it themselves. When it’s done on our own without the help and support, even with large companies, bugs are a big problem. 

Due to this growing issue, we have been developing not only an update for these systems for now, but a way for in the future to update newer boxes for a much longer period of time due to hiring the right talent who created a new way to do this. 

This is in part why such a long delay on this set of files. 

Please bare with us on this issue. While the wait can be frustrating, hopefully you can see that we are trying to provide support for our devices as much as possible for as long as possible. 

We will continue to communicate as well even when there isn’t new information. We know the importance of the community feedback and we use it in forming our new boxes and how to support our older ones too. 

Thanks for the patience, even if it’s getting a bit thin. 

cant believe i actually bought this product because they support, updates and service they brag about is nothing like the real thing .

Edited by riaan le roux